How to play Paradoxical-Bind Toss

SirBillybob

I observed a particular msg board sitch where the account of a poster was called into question as far as its veracity.

A “challenge” was thrown in by Player 1, oddly very attentive in following the material of a poster while criticizing such material as attention-seeking, such that the poster could be cast as adding more details to the narrative already construed as gossip, or maintain status quo, the net option thereby maintaining tittle-tattle status or maintaining withholder status. 

An inadvertent paradoxical prescription is not that uncommonly lobbed by trolls and bad relations alike.

I think that there are better ways to engage for the sake of information-seeking, whether that desire ranges from well-intentioned to voyeuristic.

Player 2’s best conceived counter paradox? I think it’s the prescription “Don’t pay attention to me.” That’s the one I think I’d go for. I think it could be then declared: And … match.

I think it would be at least as effective as the over-embellished more snitty less clean directive “Pay servile attention to me.” 😉😏

Edited by SirBillybob