Using Lifemiles to Brazil

Lucky

Once we were able to use Lifemiles to fly Business Class to Bangkok so I became invested in the program, using their credit card and even buying miles.. But for some time now, over a year, I could come up with nothing worth booking. I have over 300,000 miles left and wanted Business Class to Brazil, but if it was ever available it would take some 40 hours to get there.

But finally I booked Business Class going down and coach coming back. Down is on Copa Airlines, back is on Avianca. Copa stops in Panama, and Avianca stops in Bogota, which will break up the long trip. I doubt that they are spectacular airlines, but given the booking troubles I had, I guess I will take them. The required mileage was surprisingly low.

22 hours ago, Lucky said:

Once we were able to use Lifemiles to fly Business Class to Bangkok so I became invested in the program, using their credit card and even buying miles.. But for some time now, over a year, I could come up with nothing worth booking. I have over 300,000 miles left and wanted Business Class to Brazil, but if it was ever available it would take some 40 hours to get there.

But finally I booked Business Class going down and coach coming back. Down is on Copa Airlines, back is on Avianca. Copa stops in Panama, and Avianca stops in Bogota, which will break up the long trip. I doubt that they are spectacular airlines, but given the booking troubles I had, I guess I will take them. The required mileage was surprisingly low.

...good luck: a few years ago, pre-COVID, I was at a travel site that specialized in ranking airlines.  Both of these two to which you alluded were not ranked well at all.  It is hoped that things have changed by 2023.

Enjoy yourself in my very favorite country and cities.

@Axiom2001 I recognize that the flights may not be the most comfortable. I did read reviews of Business Class on Copa and they make it sound better than coach, so there's that. Avianca may not be fun, but if it gets me safely home I will have had a rather inexpensive trip to Brazil. Lifemiles provided no other options. I tried for United but it did not come up. I once took a 12 1/2 hour nonstop from Sao Paolo to LA sitting in the rear with hardly any space. I survived that and it was American Airlines.

They don't let you do stopovers. I would like to have spent some time in Colombia, but a 3 hour layover in Bogota is all I get.

Edited by Lucky