Trouble leaving reviews on RentMasseur?

TectonicThrust

Every time I’ve tried to leave a review for a masseur on RentMasseur, it has rejected my review at first because RentMasseur says it has no record of a communication between me and the masseur. I always use the text function to contact and book massages, not email. But in order to leave the review I have to then use the email function to let the masseur know I’m leaving a review and the masseur then has to email me back. It’s such a hassle that I often don’t bother. But I’m sure the masseur would want the review. Have others had this problem too? Am I doing something wrong?

Yes same problem. You have to ESTABLISH A RENTMASSEUR ACCOUNT and after it has been accepted, LOG IN to RentMasseur site AND ALSO then use the email function on the RentMasseur site. If you just email them through the RentMasseur site without going through your account, you get the "no record of communication" rejection. They have told me that there has to be a record of communication through their site BEFORE the massage occurs, and not just after to tell the masseur you have reviewed him. It is a huge hassle but I know good masseurs appreciate a good review and the next time you get a massage they will remember and treat you accordingly. 

It can  be a problem without the email feature being used.  So much so I usually don't even bother to leave a review when we have only texted.

Recently, a provided asked if I would leave a review.  It was a really good session, so I agreed, but told him we'd have to do the email thing to say hello or something.  He agreed, and we did, and the review was posted in a few hours after it was  submitted .

31 minutes ago, ButchAtl said:

It can  be a problem without the email feature being used.  So much so I usually don't even bother to leave a review when we have only texted.

Recently, a provided asked if I would leave a review.  It was a really good session, so I agreed, but told him we'd have to do the email thing to say hello or something.  He agreed, and we did, and the review was posted in a few hours after it was  submitted .

I’ve learned the hard way that this is true. You have to email the masseur through the RentMasseur site to be able to write a review. It’s red tape and so dumb. 

MF has the worst reviews process. It’s basically set up to be a barrier for clients to leave reviews.

You can email the masseur a review to their personal email and we can post on your behalf. I block the site based email function. It’s too much of a hassle for the client and for me.

I direct my clients to my booking website (Booksy) because it has the greatest number of reviews and clients review me directly on the platform, unsolicited.

On 3/6/2023 at 4:38 PM, TectonicThrust said:

Every time I’ve tried to leave a review for a masseur on RentMasseur, it has rejected my review at first because RentMasseur says it has no record of a communication between me and the masseur. I always use the text function to contact and book massages, not email. But in order to leave the review I have to then use the email function to let the masseur know I’m leaving a review and the masseur then has to email me back. It’s such a hassle that I often don’t bother. But I’m sure the masseur would want the review. Have others had this problem too? Am I doing something wrong?

Same.  I have started sending the masseur a message on RM, too with a note that I was also reaching through the messaging so I could leave a review. If they reply, you are good to go.  If they don't reply, I'm not sure if they will count it since it was only one way communication.  Their rules are weird.

I don't know how to leave a review on MasseurFinder.

Thanks for introducing this topic.  It's a dilemma.  So many masseurs stipulate text only or text preferred.  I normally disregard the request and initiate contact with an email message if I am seeing someone for the first time.  In one instance where I had only texted to schedule,  I realized afterwards the masseur had posted fake photos.  I thus could not post on RM a buyer beware and negative review to alert others. 

To leave a review on MasseurFinder, email the masseur your review content using your regular email service i.e. gmail. Ask for their email address.

It’s strange. I think you get less reliable reviews this way because the masseur has to post on your behalf (and therefore choose if they want to post it). Also you’re only allowed one new review over a period of time, I think a month or more, can’t remember.

RentMasseur is better for reviews because clients can post directly, unfiltered, as long as you have some back and forth communication on the site prior.

I prefer reviews on my own site on Booksy. Clients post directly there, without any prior communication required. All my reviews are unsolicited. Without the barriers RentMasseur and MasseurFinder place, my own site has naturally more reviews on it.

12Mar2023: Let's face it -- the majority of masseurs prefer to be contacted by text rather than the RM email function. And, from the client perspective massages is an often a spontaneous thing...e.g., rough week; sore shoulders; horny; need some good-looking-man-touch...you surely get the picture. But, RM is set up to make it difficult to post unfavorable reviews...and it knows it.

Happily this forum exists to remedy the RM bias against unfavorable reviews, as long as the unfavorable reviews are founded in fact and respectful, as one person's good masseur experience can be another persons poor masseur experience. [end]

I reviewed a masseur on Rentmasseur on Sunday with whom I only had text exchanges.  I have a premium membership and looked at his private pics before so perhaps that was enough.  After writing the review it sent a verification code to my phone and I had to enter that before the review would go through.