Best 2022 Romance Novel Is Gay- NY Times

Lucky

The best contemporary romance novel of the year is Fire Season, by KD Casey, according to the NY Times. Fire Season involves 2 baseball players, one a Cy Young Award winner, the other a pitcher perhaps nearing the end of his career. I bought the novel for $4.99 on Amazon- the Kindle version that is.

Is it a really good, knock your socks off novel? I didn't think so, but that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy it. The two players, both pitchers when you might think it should be a pitcher and a catcher, have both been married to women. Their romance takes time to build up. But, since there are sex scenes and it is a romance novel, the reader knows they will get together. Can they keep it from their teammates? How will their wives react? Will I get a boner reading the sex scenes?

KD Casey it is revealed is a woman. She apparently likes baseball and gets all those details accurately. Most gay romance novels seem to be written by women, and many times the sex scenes make one wonder how they could get man on man action so right. Casey does a good job here, especially in the first scene. I do admit to being confused at some of the action as I coouldn't really tell what the boys were doing at certain points.

Anyway, you like romance novels, you should like Fire Season.

02KD-CASEY-COVER-superJumbo.jpg?quality=

Olivia. Waite of the NY Times writes:

For too long, I’d been craving a baseball romance book by an author who loves baseball and romance equally, and along came KD Casey’s FIRE SEASON (Carina Press, ebook, $4.99), the story of two major-league pitchers who become roommates and then considerably more. Casey’s work feels as supple and lived-in as a fielder’s favorite glove, resilient but never rough, and the difficulties of queer identity in an entrenchedly heterosexual industry are handled with care but never allowed to steal the limelight from her heroes.