Paging Detectives Benson & Stabler...

samhexum

‘Law & Order: SVU’ showrunner accused of bullying, sexual harassment

According to a Los Angeles Times report, David Graziano, who stepped in as “SVU” showrunner in June, has been accused of mistreating script coordinator Haley Cameron, leading her to quit the series. 

“David Graziano is a very unprofessional, ego-centric, and immature man. I have been in this industry a long time, and I have never experienced such pure, white-male misogyny,” said Cameron, in a post on a listserv circulated among script coordinators.

Graziano’s spokesperson, Alafair Hall, denied Cameron’s claims in a statement to the Times.

“The implication that Mr. Graziano created a hostile work environment, or is sexist, inappropriate and unprofessional is false,” she said.

This isn’t first time the showrunner been accused of bad workplace behavior, ranging from alleged bullying to sexual harassment. A trail of complaints follows Graziano almost as far back as his résumé, including previous workplaces such as USA Network’s “In Plain Sight,” Fox’s “Lie to Me” and CBS All Access’ “Coyote.”

https://nypost.com/2022/12/08/law-order-svu-showrunner-accused-of-bullying-sex-harassment/

Philadelphia’s ‘Boy in the Box’ identified 66 years later

https://nypost.com/2022/12/08/philadelphia-boy-in-the-box-identified-as-joseph-august-zarelli/

The 4-year-old had been wrapped in a blanket and placed inside a large JCPenney bassinet box. He was severely malnourished and had been beaten to death, police said.

“When people think about the boy in the box, a profound sadness is felt, not just because a child was murdered, but because his entire identity and his rightful claim to own his existence was taken away,” Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw said.  Really?!?, @WilliamM, your police commissioner's name is OUTLAW?!?!

His remains rest at Ivy Hill Cemetery with a headstone identifying him as “America’s Unknown Child” — but will soon be rectified to add the boy’s name — Joseph August Zarelli.

Police said that both of Joseph’s parents have died, but that he has siblings who are still alive.

The gravesite of a small boy whose battered body was found abandoned in a cardboard box decades ago is seen in Philadelphia on Dec. 7, 2022.

Recap / Law And Order SVU S7E7 Name

Written By Michele Fazekas (see below)

The skeletal remains of a child found in a sand quarry are connected to an unsolved missing persons case from 1978, where four middle school boys disappeared. But when Stabler goes to retrieve the file on the case, he finds that a lab tech, Millie Vizcarrondo (Paula Garces), has already checked it out. At Stabler's prodding, she admits her reasoning; her father spent decades of his life obsessed with another cold case from eight years earlier, in which the body of an unidentified boy was dumped in an alley in a box, and now that he's dead, she's picked up the torch. She had been looking through cases from the same time period with victims fitting the same parameters in hopes of finding a lead.

The episode ends with Millie and Stabler standing at the grave of the still-nameless Boy in the Box. Millie admits to Stabler that she resented the boy because her father seemed to pay more attention to the case than to her. Stabler tells her it's understandable.

"I think someday we will be able to name him. I also think you gotta give yourself a break, Millie. Your father made a decision. He spent his life on a dead child, when he had a living child at home." —Stabler

The camera pans to show the headstone, inscribed with the words "Heavenly Father, Bless This Unknown Boy". Millie and Stabler stand in silence as we fade to black.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Recap/LawAndOrderSpecialVictimsUnitS7E7Name

I wonder if this is a coincidence:

"Hubris"
L&O, Episode 11.09
Production number: E1311
First aired: 10 January 2001

Richard Morriston was a career con artist who manipulated, abused, and killed multiple people.

Background

Morriston was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah, and eventually enrolled in the University of Utah Law school. He dropped out in 1994 after he killed his girlfriend Beth Fazekas. 

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

5 minutes ago, WilliamM said:

This is a very sad story that somebody is joking about.

Who was joking?  All of the LAW & ORDERs are known for their 'ripped from the headlines' plots.  I was just showing that one of the sadder ones has been resolved in real life.

Now, as for your police commissioner's hilariously inappropriate name, THAT is a joke.

42 minutes ago, samhexum said:

Who was joking?  All of the LAW & ORDERs are known for their 'ripped from the headlines' plots.  I was just showing that one of the sadder ones has been resolved in real life.

Now, as for your police commissioner's hilariously inappropriate name, THAT is a joke.

Her name is hardly a freaking joke

Edited by WilliamM