G-mail

TotallyOz
This topic is 7050 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Do any of you guys use gmail, the new mail service offered by google? I have been using it and I love it. If anyone does not have it and would like to try it, e-mail me on the board here and I'll send you and invitation. I have about 10 free gmail accounts to give if anyone is in need of one. They do offer 1GB of storage and I love the way they have integrated their system into the menu bar of Firefox. :)

Guest Tampa Yankee

Oz,

I have a good friend that sent me an invitation several months back. :) Unfortunately, I was deemed too obsolete to be worthy of admittance by the G-mail gatekeeper. x( Not sure what the requirement is in the Wintel world but in the Mac world if you are not OSX then you are not worthy. I mention so that 'invites' are not wasted on yesterday's darlings.

...from one of yesterday's darlings ;(

Guest Tampa Yankee

>LOL... I head that ....

Hmmm... Freudian slip perchance?

That might up your chances substantially with the gatekeeper. :p

Gmail isn't bad, although they don't support as many browsers as they should. The whole idea of the web was to make it independent of what machine/browser you use, but not everyone seems to understand this.

I picked an address of the form nameXXX @ gmail.com where name is my first name and the XXX is three digits. I wouldn't do that again, I've gotten tons o' spam from people who broadcast to zillions of addresses of that form (common first name followed by digits, @gmail.com). Gmail does a creditable job of segregating the spam, but it would be better to not get it at all.

>Do any of you guys use gmail, the new mail service offered by

>google?

Yes I really like it as well. I'm slowly changing all those using my yahoo email to my gmail address.

>I love the way they have integrated

>their system into the menu bar of Firefox.

How is it inegrated? I didn't notice anything when using firefox and gmail, what am I missing?

RT :)

Go to the home page for firefox and download the g-mail extension. Then, it will show on your top menu bar and the number of new messages you receive. I also have a weather alert, several search features I downloaded from the site to enhance my experience.

I like gmail and get little spam there and the ones that I do get actually go into the spam folder. I am moving most of my stuff from other services to there.

Archived