Is RentMasseur hiding negative reviews?

Penn7

Asking because there’s a masseur visiting DC who has 30+ reviews on Rentmasseur, all positive, and yet there’s a thread on here with several negative posts about him. I remember that hiding reviews used to be a problem on other sites - sometimes you’d have to pay to see all reviews instead of only the positive ones.

1 hour ago, Penn7 said:

Asking because there’s a masseur visiting DC who has 30+ reviews on Rentmasseur, all positive, and yet there’s a thread on here with several negative posts about him. I remember that hiding reviews used to be a problem on other sites - sometimes you’d have to pay to see all reviews instead of only the positive ones.

I can speak from personal experience. I wrote a negative review after another visiting masseur did not honor his appointment time and when I did, rentmasseur's administrator said that if you do not communicate with a masseur via RM messaging that shows communication of your appointment booking, the masseur has the right to delete your negative review. I have learned this the hard way and now communicate with any new masseurs I hire from RM by emailing them through RM and not texting them first. Some masseurs have RM messaging disabled and I would not be surprised if some of them are doing it deliberately to block negative reviews. Another reason why I so appreciate this forum!

Rentmasseur refused to publish a positive review I wrote, claiming I didn't contact the provider through their site, which I disagreed with, but did not have time to debate with them.    But to your poiht, I generally don't rely on their reviews, and I agree that using this Forum has a much better chance of providing best guidance.

Guest SWFL44
8 hours ago, OCClient said:

Rentmasseur refused to publish a positive review I wrote, claiming I didn't contact the provider through their site, which I disagreed with, but did not have time to debate with them.    But to your poiht, I generally don't rely on their reviews, and I agree that using this Forum has a much better chance of providing best guidance.

This happens all the time when they won't publish a review whether good or bad if not contacted through their site. 

Little value in the reviews on there and much more from members on here. So, when someone shares their terrible experience in detail especially in a private message with me that means much more.

My experience is they will post your review ONLY IF  you make contact with that person via RM site (send/receive a msg from that person).   If you dont make contact they will NOT post it.

I have posted some negative reviews and all got posted

@DustyX Yep thats how they roll.   You GOT to make contact with them AND they have to respond.  If so RM will post.

Hope that helps

I usually send a message that says, "hey, I'm XX and interested in your services, I'll also text/give you a call to confirm your availability today." And that's been enough for me to post reviews even if they don't respond. I just make sure the date of the massage is after the day I send the message.