Sex Clubs San Francisco

Milo Janus

• 11 months later...

Well, I definitely miss it.  It was almost my alternate living space for a while.

There's nothing like it around now.  I'm waiting and hoping that someone with enough money and willing to go through a lengthy permitting process will open a bath house.  But it could be years from now.  The good news is that the city has finally passed legislation approving the concept of bath houses, after the forced closures of the 1980s and decades of inertia.  I have joked that the currently perceived problem of an empty downtown could be improved with the conversion of some unoccupied office space into baths.

There is Eros which use to be my go to when I would travel to SF for work.  It recently moved from its prime spot on Market Street just down from the Castro to a new spot closer to downtown.  A true sex club it was always fun.  I miss the Nob Hill theater, they had a play area in the lower part and strippers upstairs in a small theater.  

EROS on Market Street was my very frequent, go to spot for as long as I've been in The City.  The new location on Turk Street is fine.  Be aware that it has no sauna or steamroom.  I've not been to Steamworks-Berkeley in many years, (pre-pandemic).  The area is gentrified now.

5 hours ago, carlos45 said:

EROS on Market Street was my very frequent, go to spot for as long as I've been in The City.  The new location on Turk Street is fine.  Be aware that it has no sauna or steamroom.  I've not been to Steamworks-Berkeley in many years, (pre-pandemic).  The area is gentrified now.

Did the old Eros have a wet area?  I didn't think they did and that's how they got around the bath house ban.  I haven't been to Steamworks-Berkeley since the 90s.  All I remember is the men were not attractive and the weird fireplace lounge area.

5 hours ago, Woofiecmh said:

Did the old Eros have a wet area?  I didn't think they did and that's how they got around the bath house ban.  I haven't been to Steamworks-Berkeley since the 90s.  All I remember is the men were not attractive and the weird fireplace lounge area.

Yes, the former EROS location had both dry and wet saunas.