This is US Final episodes

This topic is 764 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Was expecting to find a thread on this but the only Threads I could find were tattered and at least 4 years old.   So is there anyone else watching the final episodes.   Last week with the episode about Miguel and this week's episode about decision making were excellent.  Granted these are rich, mostly white, people with rich people slants to the story.  However, not seeing one's siblings as the adults they are but rather as the children they were is a fairly common dynamic and not usually discussed as it was here.   Dealing with a failing parent is something many of us will face and there stress it places on the family is usually a lot more tension filled than the dynamics in this family.  

Next week's episode is entitled the Train and from that I get the idea that the family will line up, either literally or figuratively and come one by one to say good bye.   Each of the major characters and several of the minor characters interactions will probably pull hard on the heart strings.  My hope is that she is alive at the end of the episode and that she has passed on at the beginning of the finale.  

No matter what, I expect that I will not be crying, you will be crying.  

I have been watching the show.  I usually don't get that emotionally engaged and usually record it and watch it the next day so I can speed over some of what I consider the stupid parts (usually when someone is acting like a complete horse's ass).  I did watch last night's episode however, without speeding through and at the end tears were streaming down my face.  I suspect it impacted me because I lost my father a few months ago and it hit home for me.  That said, I am ready for the story to be done and I am weary of the characters.