Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

I was very much looking forward to the new Star Trek show on Paramount+, following Captain Pike as the captain of the Enterprise before Captain Kirk. They introduced the character in season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery.  I was impressed with the characters, the acting, the sets; I thought the first story was a bit weak, plot-wise. Captain Pike was a more serious character in his one appearance in the original series but I'm accepting that ship has sailed 🙂 And Christine Chapel seems to have a completely different personality. At least it's avoiding the trend in Picard and Discovery these last couple of seasons to concentrate SO much on the characters' feelings and inner conflicts at the expense of the action. Any other life-long Trekkies (or otherwise), what did you think?

Edited by poolboy48220

3 minutes ago, poolboy48220 said:

I was very much looking forward to the new Star Trek show on Paramount+, following Captain Pike as the captain of the Enterprise before Captain Kirk. They introduced the character in season 2 of Star Trek: Discovery.  I was impressed with the characters, the acting, the sets; I thought the first story was a bit weak, plot-wise. Captain Pike was a more serious character in his one appearance in the original series but I'm accepting that ship has sailed 🙂 And Christine Chapel seems to have a completely different personality. At least it's avoiding the trend in Picard and Discovery these last couple of seasons to concentrate SO much on the characters' feelings and inner conflicts at the expense of the action. Any other life-long Trekkies (or otherwise), what did you think?

Yes sir! 

It's only two episodes in but I'm enjoying it immensely. What I'm really impressed with is how it's a really good gateway show for someone new to Star Trek. Yes, it's steeped in the franchise's history and has legacy characters in it but uses and explains them in a way that doesn't confuse newcomers.

Also, let's take a moment appreciate Daddy Pike and Hot Spock

Chef-Pike.thumb.jpg.d79f2819da0efc85d23a4cc33b28a9c6.jpgScreenshot_20220516-131153_YouTube.thumb.jpg.9719e8a081b338537e525bd8bf8bb7a4.jpg