Broadway

JEC
This topic is 772 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Went to NYC last weekend and saw 4 shows on Broadway:  MJ, Dear Evan Hanson, Company and Hadestown

All 4 were fantastic, and I highly recommend each and every one!

My unexpected favorite was MJ!   The musical review genre has been "done", but this show really delivered!  Can you imagine a more complex character to play, and nail the character than MJ?    The lead Myles Frost nailed it in every way - looks, mannerisms, body type and most importantly his voice and ability to dance.  Self-taught (in both acting and music), this was his first Broadway show.   We have not seen the last of this young man, he is exceptionally talented.   The rest of the cast, the sets, the music and the dancing numbers were all phenomenal....this show was an ear-to-ear grinning foot-tapping joy from start to finish.

The NYT criticized the show for not dealing with the most difficult subjects in Michael's life, to that I say "eff you" we wanted to be lifted up, not brought down.  

BTW the worst seats we had were 4th row, as Broadway came back online there were lots of great seats available and I grabbed them!