MY SISTER SAM

This topic is 761 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I loved this show, which is unfortunately most remembered when people think of the tragic death of Rebecca Schaeffer.

Diane English created it a couple of years before MURPHY BROWN, and the two shows had many writers and directors in common, as evidenced by the fact that there were at least 3 jokes used in both (in 2 of those cases, SAM's rendition was funnier).  It had one of the great theme songs in TV history, sung by Kim Carnes.

I don't know why, but the show's never been released on DVD and doesn't seem to be available via streaming.  Every once in awhile I search for it, and last night I found something that isn't perfect but...

Last summer a guy in Pittsburgh uploaded most of the episodes to Youtube.  They were recorded on his VCR off the USA network.  He cut out the commercials.  The tapes have begun degrading, and there's the mild green tinge you get with old tapes, plus occasional minor tape damage, but the margins are sharp, and the picture doesn't jump at all, so they are eminently watchable.  The sound level and quality do vary from episode to episode.  Play It Again, Sam; Grand Prize; Good Neighbor Sam; Life, Death, and Admiral Andy are among my favorites and they're all there.

I'm posting my favorite episode, when Sam learns to play the piano, plus a link to it... if you go to the link, all the other episodes are available on the right side of the page. 

https://youtu.be/W9vVnD3Hj0A?list=PLK0yGET6vkNVqaP3xY4SUkDP6qMs9TLjs

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

On 4/10/2022 at 4:44 AM, samhexum said:

Play It Again, Sam; Grand Prize; Good Neighbor Sam; Life, Death, and Admiral Andy are among my favorites and they're all there.

The episode that's called Life, Death, and Admiral Andy on youtube us mislabeled; unfortunately, that episode ain't there.