To My Girls

foxy
This topic is 792 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I saw the play today and enjoyed it. A group of attractive long time gay male friends in their 30’s meet in a house they’ve rented for the weekend in Palm Springs. They are there to reconnect and revisit some old memories of good times shared together. And have some sex. The dialogue is fast paced, witty and sometimes bitchy. There are contemporary social and pop references that I don’t always relate to. There are times when they put on wigs and caftans dance and lip sync to pop tunes. I’ve never done that with my gay male friends. I can’t quite picture doing it. One thing I have been pondering however and the show title makes that clear, they often refer to each other as “girl”. It doesn’t bother me and I understand why it’s camp and funny but I also can’t imagine referring to any of my gay male friends as “girl”. It’s probably because I’m old and stodgy. Still it’s a fun show and the audience, which looked surprisingly straight had a good time. I’d recommend it. 

I saw the play Saturday evening.  The cast is attractive and funny, very flamboyant and quite over the top.  Like foxy said above, I couldn't quite relate to the use of the female pronouns when referring to each other.  I guess I'm "old and stodgy" as well.