Penises Are A Big Thing on Cable Show

Lucky
This topic is 786 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

From nytimes.com:

A year and a half ago, when it came time to cast a particular scene in the pilot episode of “Minx,” the showrunner Ellen Rapoport sifted through hundreds of photos of background actors, which had already been sorted into piles.

“Like: small ones, big ones, crooked ones, foreskin,” Rapoport recalled. “I just wanted it all.” (The photos were not of the actors’ faces.)

“Minx,” a cheeky comedy set in 1970s Southern California, swaggers onto HBO Max on Thursday.

...the pilot includes a minute-long scene in which about 18 men audition, bottomless, for the privilege. As Jean Knight’s “Mr. Big Stuff” plays, the men strip off. They strut. They dance. They karate chop.

...While breasts are a common locus of desire, a flaccid penis often has a more comic or pathetic aspect. (“They’re kind of funny,” Rapoport said.) And current standards permit that only flaccid penises can be shown in any sexual situation.

Most of the ones that appear in mainstream TV or film are silicon prosthetics, and they are often oddly large.

“It’s very rare to just see a normal penis,” Horeck said.

Enter “Minx.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/16/arts/television/minx-hbo-max-male-nudity.html

I watched the first two episodes today.  The promised penises are there in the first episode, although the one on the guy chosen to be the centerfold of the first issue of the magazine "Minx", is likely a prosthetic.  I'll probably keep watching as new episodes come out, since much of it was fairly amusing.