Global Entry renewal experience

KeepItReal

On 9/6/2022 at 10:37 AM, MikeBiDude said:

I’m hoping for this airport interview when I return from Greece. Not a renewal but first time, got an email from them suggesting I try it.

Update, after arriving home from Greece abut two weeks ago - had my interview at LAX . Took 60-90 mins of waiting, very simple “interview”.

Just got email saying my application complete and approved. Card will be mailed. 👍🏻

• 2 months later...

In connection with Global Entry - interview on arrival, I want to remind those involved with Global Entry that getting a pre-scheduled interview is very difficult and time consuming in most cases.   Sometimes an interview space is not available for several months.  

Many folks from this forum visit Canada on the weekends or longer. 

If anyone is waiting too long for a Global Entry interview, and they plan a trip to Canada, there is Interview on Arrival in Montreal as well as other Canadian cities. 

The below link will explain the process and tells the hours when an interview on arrival can take place:

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/enrollment-arrival

Happy travels

On 9/6/2022 at 11:50 PM, coriolis888 said:

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection released an article last month advising about the new process of entering the U.S. with facial recognition.   It explains that the passport is not checked et cetera.

The changes are only for travelers with Global Entry (or equivalent).

However, the article says the new facial recognition system is only at Chicago (ORD) Chicago's smaller airport Midway (MDY).

Usually, one can depend on releases that come from the U.S. government.  However, the article has an error in saying that the new GE facial recognition is only in Chicago.  

I personally experienced the new feature last month in LAX and in Houston (IAH).

Here is a link to the article that will be interesting to those who use or will be using GE upon renewal. 

The article explains how easy the process of returning to the U.S. has become, immigration wise. 

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-media-release/ord-and-mdw-encourages-travelers-use-facial-recognition

My first post covid international trip was in June and they had the technology at DTW then.   I was thinking I didn't have to insert my passport in Dec of 2019 when I returned from London, but not positive.

I thought the only international flights they had into MDW were from Toronto where you preclear anyway so not sure why they would need Global entry there unless you can't preclear at City airport for Porter flights (not even sure if Porter is even still around).

They do have facial recognition on some Delta flights as well when boarding.