Prices at hotels

rustyrex
This topic is 784 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey All,

I’m looking to do a little traveling and I’m having the damndest time deciding where to go.  Denver, Phoenix or Tucson.  Denver has the best hotel prices but it’s still cold there and Phoenix and Tucson have the nice weather but the hotel prices are ridiculous.  I really want some nice weather for a change…along with some good company…but I cringe at paying $130 for Motel 6.  

I hate to sound picky but I tend to stay mid tier places like Marriott and Hilton and in Denver the hotels are reasonable.  That same type of hotel in AZ is $230 for 1 night.  I like hotels over airB&B just because a hotel can’t cancel on me or give me last minute issues like surprise roommates, it’s happened before…. 

Any recommendations or ideas?  My limit on a hotel is $150 a night.

yes, February and March are high-season for Phoenix and Tucson.....all places will be pricey.....

I usually have good luck at hotwire dot com, but one has to be comfortable with not knowing what place you'll get (though there are "hacks" for figuring it out)......

dry, sunny, and 72 is pretty hard to beat, though!

Just got back from New Orleans last weekend. Mardi Gras is this Tuesday so prices are about to go low again.  I stayed at the JW for about $400/night including taxes on a weekend Thurs-Tues. It's the high end Marriott closest to the quarter so there's cheaper options. 

But yes, hotel prices are abit crazy anywhere the weather is nicer.  I have a post about Key West this spring.