Club Tobi in Medellin

coriolis888
This topic is 773 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Several years ago I visited Medellin and went to a sauna named Clube Tobi. 

I heard that the place went out of business. 

However, I cannot find any confirmation that the facility is really closed.  

Doing a Google search shows that the last reviews were a couple of years ago but the reviews gave no hint that the place would close. 

When I last visited there, the place was busy and had no hint that it might not exist for years to come. 

Many times I telephone the listed phone number for the sauna but it never answers - day or night. 

Does anyone know the current status of the sauna?

Here is the latest I can find about the sauna.

https://www.ellgeebe.com/en/destinations/latin-america/colombia/medellin/nightlife/el-club-de-tobi

Thanks in advance 

Edited by coriolis888
link to sauna reviews

4 hours ago, coriolis888 said:

Several years ago I visited Medellin and went to a sauna named Clube Tobi. 

I heard that the place went out of business. 

However, I cannot find any confirmation that the facility is really closed.  

Doing a Google search shows that the last reviews were a couple of years ago but the reviews gave no hint that the place would close. 

When I last visited there, the place was busy and had no hint that it might not exist for years to come. 

Many times I telephone the listed phone number for the sauna but it never answers - day or night. 

Does anyone know the current status of the sauna?

Here is the latest I can find about the sauna.

https://www.ellgeebe.com/en/destinations/latin-america/colombia/medellin/nightlife/el-club-de-tobi

Thanks in advance 

I am researching Medellin right now, as I will be there in April. There is plenty of fresh information in ex-boytoy. Specifically about Club Tobi, I understand that they closed with the first pandemic kick. That is why the last review is from a couple of years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 3:32 AM, latbear4blk said:

I am researching Medellin right now, as I will be there in April. There is plenty of fresh information in ex-boytoy. Specifically about Club Tobi, I understand that they closed with the first pandemic kick. That is why the last review is from a couple of years ago.

My being an optimist, I tried calling the Club Tobi again today. 

In the past, even a couple of weeks ago, the number just rang and never answered.  

Today is the first time that a recording comes on when calling that says (in Spanish) that the number is no longer in service.  

I am really surprised that the place closed.  It had to have been a great money maker for the owners of the club and for the many guys who made themselves available to customers for a fee. 

Who would have thought such a busy and wild place would suddenly cease to exist!

How sad.