Blocking/hiding

xyz48B
This topic is 799 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is there a way to add a button to member’s profile pages to block/hide them? At present we have to actively hunt down the page and manually enter their username. It would be easier to hide members if there were a fixed button on our profile pages?

Also: why if I unfollow a member, can they still see what I post? They can engage it but it’s hidden. This is a clarification question; not a criticism. 

7 minutes ago, xyz48B said:

Is there a way to add a button to member’s profile pages to block/hide them? At present we have to actively hunt down the page and manually enter their username. It would be easier to hide members if there were a fixed button on our profile pages?

I’ll see how complex it is to change the profile function. Right now just remember m4m-forum.org/ignore if you don’t want to remember to go to your account settings. 

7 minutes ago, xyz48B said:

Also: why if I unfollow a member, can they still see what I post? They can engage it but it’s hidden. This is a clarification question; not a criticism. 

Again, I’m assuming you mean ignore. Following means you get proactively notified when someone posts. Unfollowing means those proactive alerts go away. It does not stop you from seeing their posts in any way. 

If you ignore someone, it’s like they don’t exist to you. Any anything they create is filtered from your view. (The only way you would see anything they’ve written is if someone else quotes the hidden person as blocks match user ID and is not aware of content inside a post quoted by someone else.)

Now regarding can they see your posts… yes. An ignore is a one way street.  They would have to ignore you as well in order to not see your content.