Will either Brady or Rodgers have trouble being inducted into Hall of Fame?

This topic is 817 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Sometimes athletes who do well during their careers don't get inducted for character reasons. Do you think either Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers will have trouble getting in for these reasons?

2 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Sometimes athletes who do well during their careers don't get inducted for character reasons. Do you think either Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers will have trouble getting in for these reasons?

Unless the rules have been changed recently, the Pro Football Hall of Fame, unlike its baseball counterpart, has no character clause.  That's why OJ Simpson was quietly inducted despite all his notoriety and how Darren Sharper, a convicted serial rapist, was nominated for the 2017 class.

13 minutes ago, wrestlerdanny said:

O.J. Simpson was inducted into the hall of fame in 1985, long before the 1994 murder of his wife and her friend.

I must be remembering things wrong.  I could have sworn there was some controversy about the HOF and Simpson post-trial, but it's all too fuzzy now.  In light of a widespread belief that Simpson got away with murder coupled with his 2008 convictions for armed robbery, kidnapping, and other charges, there was talk of expelling Simpson from the HOF, but the Football HOF rules don't allow it.

22 hours ago, BSR said:

Unless the rules have been changed recently, the Pro Football Hall of Fame, unlike its baseball counterpart, has no character clause.  That's why OJ Simpson was quietly inducted despite all his notoriety and how Darren Sharper, a convicted serial rapist, was nominated for the 2017 class.

Wow. Thanks for informing me re the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I just looked DS up. You would think someone who looked like this would have lines of women who'd give consent freely....

Darren Sharper | Official Site for Man Crush Monday #MCM | Woman Crush  Wednesday #WCW

Pin on Famous Black Biographies

2828ea9ffdbb37b4e0f4af365c8a4a18.jpg

4 hours ago, sam.fitzpatrick said:

Tom Brady will not have any issues getting into the HOF.  

I expect Aaron Rodgers will get in, but he might not be a first ballot inductee.  It will depend on who else is on that ballot at that time.

I know about the controversy around Aaron Rodgers, but what skeletons are in Tom Brady's closet that complicate his HOF induction?

39 minutes ago, BSR said:

I know about the controversy around Aaron Rodgers, but what skeletons are in Tom Brady's closet that complicate his HOF induction?

Cheating during the AFC Championship (deflategate). 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deflategate

"Deflategate was a National Football League (NFL) controversy involving the allegation that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady ordered the deliberate deflation of footballs used in the Patriots' victory against the Indianapolis Colts in the 2014 AFC Championship Game. The controversy resulted in Brady being suspended for four games, while the team was fined $1 million and forfeited two draft selections in 2016."

On 2/2/2022 at 5:14 PM, Unicorn said:

"Deflategate was a National Football League (NFL) controversy involving the allegation that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady ordered the deliberate deflation of footballs used in the Patriots' victory against the Indianapolis Colts in the 2014 AFC Championship Game. The controversy resulted in Brady being suspended for four games, while the team was fined $1 million and forfeited two draft selections in 2016."

Obviously, Tom Brady will never live that down, but most people have forgotten about it by now. I agree.

On 2/2/2022 at 2:14 PM, Unicorn said:

Thanks, I kinda forgot about Deflategate.  As a die-hard Patriots and Brady fan, I brushed it aside, but for everyone else, it was a big No-No.

4 hours ago, BSR said:

Thanks, I kinda forgot about Deflategate.  As a die-hard Patriots and Brady fan, I brushed it aside, but for everyone else, it was a big No-No.

I feel a song coming on....