The Oscars

happyguy2
This topic is 5538 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Gosh darn, I am indeed highly ecstatic right now. One of my former students was thanked and acknowledged for his conceptual art work for "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." When Greg Cannom received his award and read Miles's name (along with a few others who worked on the special make-up for this particular film), I sat and applauded and applauded and applauded.

Today I am beside myself. Last evening I was informed by one of my good friends and now former colleague at the school where I taught that not only was Miles mentioned-- but D. Lance Black had been a student of hers in her AP English class and that he was graduated from our high school in 1992. That got me thinking, as I think Dustan Lance Black was possibly a student of mine in one of my Sophomore or Junior English classes.

After I finish my reading and possible writing this morning at this site, I shall carefully and keenly search my yearbook photos!

Loud applause go out to both of these fine young men and former students! Congratulations! Congratulations! In- deed I am proud!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived