"Come and See", Soviet Film

TumYum
This topic is 827 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

While browsing through the Criterion Collection, I came across this film (with a particularly unpromising title) that I had absolutely never heard of. (I later learned that the title is extremely deliberate.... a reference to a passage in the book of Revelations....

It is more than 2 hours long, so I checked it out a bit before committing.  found this on the rogerebert web site:

It's said that you can't make an effective anti-war film because war by its nature is exciting, and the end of the film belongs to the survivors. No one would ever make the mistake of saying that about Elem Klimov's "Come and See." This 1985 film from Russia is one of the most devastating films ever about anything, and in it, the survivors must envy the dead.

Sunggled up in the January cold to watch it. 

One the most engrossing (overused word) films I have ever watched. Available full length on youtube. If you can .... watch it.

Come and See

Edited by TumYum
fixed link