Sweet Tooth

Tygerscent
This topic is 855 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This short series has some nearly sickening “sweetness” to it but, the social dialog and issues addressed and more than adult if not provocative and piercing of the eye, heart and mind~ It’s using a cute style to tell very real darkness about humanity~ Cure has never been so uncomfortable and yet, worth watching~ The characters are dynamic, especially the mother of Gus, (the main character), as well the Doctor and his wife whose moral dilemma are in the realm of insane but, quite relative to real days now~ 

What drew me in was the animal/human mutants… (love me my fuzzy buddies),  the cute style and some cheesy acting in places had my finger on the “stop” button from time to time but, then these social, moral, ethical, relationship topics would be addressed and I couldn’t pull away~ Now I want to see next seasons run~ 

it’s like peeking into a restaurant and seeing delicious desserts~ You go inside and see these desserts and then see kale salad and boiled chicken breast… The desserts and solid sugar and kale sounds nasty but, then your eye catches Boeuf bourguignon, Petrali Sole, hibachi scallops sitting next to strawberry Savarine and mandarin Schaume Torte… and your like: “wtf… I didn’t see that in the window~“ … So, you end up there eating for hours and hours~ In the end you are full and satisfied but still selfishly want more~ 

those series is not “readily drinkable” despite being “forward fruit”… it’s an opener and complex with a delicate but, distinct finish~  
 Most sutures I find very predictable… There were surprises in here~ 
 I like this story about this special boy and his amazing mutant animal friends~ I’m on his side and want his greatest success and growth… never an easy task in an apocalyptic world like the one we live in~ 
 Please animal children: save us from ourselves and if not… become the new and better world~