Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

On 7/11/2021 at 10:00 AM, Cubscout13 said:

I haven't yet, going this week

So went this week to try "Tyler" at M4M bodyworks and @Tarte Gogo was right. Was in his apartment, which I felt a little weird going to and it was totally legit. He did fit the bill as far as body but I dont think I'll go back again. Let me know if you know of someone or find someone who fits the BIG BOY bill... thx

Edited by Cubscout13

Just got in from Spa Castle, and for anyone interested, not much has changed post-COVID. They don’t provide uniforms or robes at the moment, the relaxation room is closed, and the showers in the men’s nude area are spaced out to promote 6 feet of distance. The salad bar is closed (for obvious reasons) but everything else (steam room antics) is the same. In fact, the steam room got quite .. uh .. messy .. today. 😂

21 hours ago, Cubscout13 said:

So went this week to try "Tyler" at M4M bodyworks and @Tarte Gogo was right. Was in his apartment, which I felt a little weird going to and it was totally legit. He did fit the bill as far as body but I dont think I'll go back again. Let me know if you know of someone or find someone who fits the BIG BOY bill... thx

Sorry it didn’t match exactly what you wanted. Best of luck in your search. 

sorry to feed back late. I went to Alpha on the first day grand opening last week. great place, fancy design. the most comfortable massage table I tried. Alex delivered great massage, 100% satisfied, of course good tips. they said they has asian, black and latino. I can tell they paid more attention on service more than other spas. great experience, highly recommended.     

50 minutes ago, Sam said:

sorry to feed back late. I went to Alpha on the first day grand opening last week. great place, fancy design. the most comfortable massage table I tried. Alex delivered great massage, 100% satisfied, of course good tips. they said they has asian, black and latino. I can tell they paid more attention on service more than other spas. great experience, highly recommended.     

Was Alex Latino? 

I just went to check what is going on at Babylon. They have at least 1 female masseuse and one male masseur, both Asian. The male masseur I saw is probably in his lye 30s or early 40s, chubby but not very tall, so maybe @RLBENJIshould pay them a visit and check him out (likely there are extras you can get with a tip, after all they have inherited this place from Dylan). 
The female masseuse i saw is actually pretty cute and taller than most, if you roll that way too.

Edited by Tarte Gogo

On 7/15/2021 at 11:28 AM, Cubscout13 said:

So I went too last week. Same opinion as you.  But is that his apartment? Because I saw two women there looks like masseuse,  do you think it’s a shared space?

5 hours ago, Tarte Gogo said:

I just went to check what is going on at Babylon. They have at least 1 female masseuse and one male masseur, both Asian. The male masseur I saw is probably in his lye 30s or early 40s, chubby but not very tall, so maybe @RLBENJIshould pay them a visit and check him out (likely there are extras you can get with a tip, after all they have inherited this place from Dylan). 
The female masseuse i saw is actually pretty cute and taller than most, if you roll that way too.

I just might do that! Thanks for the recommendation. 👍🏿

On 7/16/2021 at 8:39 PM, Cub_sea said:

So I went too last week. Same opinion as you.  But is that his apartment? Because I saw two women there looks like masseuse,  do you think it’s a shared space?

Probably, not sure but won't go back.... Might have to check out Babylon - @Tarte Gogo said there was a chubby guy in his late 30's. Do we know his name?

51 minutes ago, Cubscout13 said:

Probably, not sure but won't go back.... Might have to check out Babylon - @Tarte Gogo said there was a chubby guy in his late 30's. Do we know his name?

John.

I just tried him, he is just a little chubby, not as much as Tyler 

The extras were very good for a first meet.

Their English is not great, though, don’t try to have a conversation, just stick to the script. 

On 7/16/2021 at 3:10 PM, Sam said:

Also went last week to Alpha. Was told there were 4 masseurs working, one Latino one asian and two black. Chose one of the black guys named Tim. Strong arms amazing chest. He's a nice guy and wanted to make sure I was comfortable and enjoyed the hour. Agree the massage tables are the most comfortable I've been on. No table shower at Alpha which is disappointing but this is a great add to the West side and I'll go back there again. ShangriLa is still my go to spot, but seem to be limited recently with who is working. 

1 hour ago, columbuslaw123 said:

Also went last week to Alpha. Was told there were 4 masseurs working, one Latino one asian and two black. Chose one of the black guys named Tim. Strong arms amazing chest. He's a nice guy and wanted to make sure I was comfortable and enjoyed the hour. Agree the massage tables are the most comfortable I've been on. No table shower at Alpha which is disappointing but this is a great add to the West side and I'll go back there again. ShangriLa is still my go to spot, but seem to be limited recently with who is working. 

How do you go about selecting one of the guys though? Do they bring them out and like them up or do they just give you a description of each guy?

3 hours ago, RLBENJI said:

How do you go about selecting one of the guys though? Do they bring them out and like them up or do they just give you a description of each guy?

If you just walk in, you get whoever is available at that time, (sometimes they have an invisible “line”, that is: they assign the walk-in clients fairly, one after another to the masseurs waiting in the line for work, so that they all get at least some work) but if you book ahead on the phone, you can always ask for a specific masseur. 

On 6/16/2021 at 7:29 PM, ROBENYC said:

Last week I visited Shangrila  on 44th St, east of Madison Ave, had Mike again for 90 minutes, best massage since Dylan. Totally worth the trip. MT/ we both had HE. I always tip well, and this time went over the top to say thank you. I will be visiting him again next time I am in city.

What does Mike look like?

On 7/16/2021 at 3:10 PM, Sam said:

So just back from Alpha, and like the other posters, I liked the clean space, the new tables, and the overall vibe.  The walls don't go to the ceiling as noted fronting the hallway not other rooms but not really that noisy.  Called ahead and just the Latino, Black, Asian catalog and chose Latino who was not Alex.  Pretty terrible massage, no skills, just some cute lanky guy killing time doing the same moves over and over on your back.  Until you correct him and it really doesn't help.  Owner Tony was there, and we spoke after with the masseur hovering over us.  Anyway I would go back, but only with a recommended guy.  Don't take your chances.  He's having trouble sourcing quality

4 hours ago, MarkNY said:

So just back from Alpha, and like the other posters, I liked the clean space, the new tables, and the overall vibe.  The walls don't go to the ceiling as noted fronting the hallway not other rooms but not really that noisy.  Called ahead and just the Latino, Black, Asian catalog and chose Latino who was not Alex.  Pretty terrible massage, no skills, just some cute lanky guy killing time doing the same moves over and over on your back.  Until you correct him and it really doesn't help.  Owner Tony was there, and we spoke after with the masseur hovering over us.  Anyway I would go back, but only with a recommended guy.  Don't take your chances.  He's having trouble sourcing quality

Hello do you remember his name? Would be good to know for future reference as I’ve never been there before, and that doesn’t sound very promisingHello do you remember his name? Would be good to know for future reference as I’ve never been there before, and that doesn’t sound very promising

On 5/27/2021 at 7:15 PM, LongIslandBill said:

I went back this afternoon to Shangrila.  I had Daniel, who is Brazilian.  He did a good body scrub.  The massage was good.  He is good with feedback.  He's a good looking guy and if you ask him about his native Brazil, he'll give you a mouthful (or perhaps earful is the better word) of info.

I concur, Daniel is really great, he was probably trained in one of the saunas in Brazil. 

He does have quite a lot of chest hair right now if you are into that.

Went back to 27 Men Spa last week. I normally try to book with Yura, but he's been away, so I got to have a session with Sergey. I had no idea what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised. Sergey had strong technique, and was friendly, warm, and communicative throughout. Did a great job on both body scrub and massage, including spending time on my IT bands and calves, areas I've found that less technically proficient masseurs either do minimally or poorly (even when asked). Very happy to have seen him that night.