Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

I had Charlie 2 weeks from TSMS, I asked him to do strong, but he broke my back badly. I still have pain. I did not like him, and I will never see him again.

That's sad to hear, but maybe part of the problem is that you asked for a strong massage at a place like TSMS. I have made the same mistake in the past. Now, I only get a strong massage at a more "professional" spa now. I have had Charlie's massage a couple of times without issue and I can recommend him.

So I went on Sunday, I have vouchers that expired and they extended their expiration date until November 10th, and it wasn't that bad. The coed pools both indoor and outdoor seemed like the only place where social distancing could be a problem, you're not allowed to wear masks in the pools per the health department. All saunas coed and gendered areas are max 1 person or household, and everyone was abiding by the rule, and they are checking. Their hvac has been upgraded to kill viruses and bacteria, similar to what Crunch and Equinox has installed.

Overall, I didn't feel like I was at any more of a risk at catching it than from the gym or grocery shopping.

So basically there won’t be any steam room or sauna fun for a while, huh?

Yeah, any "spa" in manhattan charging under 80 bucks for an hour, they're in all likelihood not licensed therapists.

Maybe I’m misinterpreting what you mean by “spa” in quotes, but if you believe that massages need to be above $80/hour then you’re missing out on a lot of good Chinese-owned places that charge $45-55/hour (maybe the employees aren’t officially licensed, but there are a lot that are well-trained).

Edited by capthook

I had Charlie 2 weeks from TSMS, I asked him to do strong, but he broke my back badly. I still have pain. I did not like him, and I will never see him again.

I would suggest that if they are putting too much pressure, let them know right away instead of bearing the pain hoping it would get better

Yeah, any "spa" in manhattan charging under 80 bucks for an hour, they're in all likelihood not licensed therapists.

Well. As far as I know. Even some place charge over $80. Doesn’t means they have massage license.

At least I notice that same therapist could jump from one spa to another. No matter it’s low price spa or high price. Masage experience would totally depends on which we encounter. ?

I think it’s all new guys at this point. Jorge left before all of the Covid craziness. He’s working privately now. Rodrigo’s departure was more recent.

I know Rodrigo. He is in Super Men’s Spa. But His name is Diego now.

That's sad to hear, but maybe part of the problem is that you asked for a strong massage at a place like TSMS. I have made the same mistake in the past. Now, I only get a strong massage at a more "professional" spa now. I have had Charlie's massage a couple of times without issue and I can recommend him.

Thanks. Based on your feedback, I will try him one more time. I actually like him a lot as his personality...