Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Do you know if they require masks there? Considering booking an appointment for next week.

I feel someone is asking how do I get sick myself and I am ready to do.

Guest fm0322

I think it is important to point out that while there is no table shower, you can take a shower. I'm going there on Thursday and I will report

I had my first massage since Feb 24 at Shangrila on Thursday. This spa is super clean anyway and it very organized when I visited. They took my temp as I walked in the door. I used a mask when I was on my back but did not need to use it while on my stomach. It was a great session and I felt very comfortable. The masseur wore a mask and there was no table shower. They have moved the table to one end to open a very spacious shower. It felt good to shower afterward. In all, a very successful and comfortable visit.

Guest PJNYC

They wear them the entire time. Face down you don't need to wear one. They have a forehead temp thermometer and ample amount of sanitizer.

Thanks so much. Super helpful!

I had my first massage since Feb 24 at Shangrila on Thursday. This spa is super clean anyway and it very organized when I visited. They took my temp as I walked in the door. I used a mask when I was on my back but did not need to use it while on my stomach. It was a great session and I felt very comfortable. The masseur wore a mask and there was no table shower. They have moved the table to one end to open a very spacious shower. It felt good to shower afterward. In all, a very successful and comfortable visit.

Who did you see?

Guest fm0322

Who did you see?

Patrick. I scheduled him by accident the first time I went to Shangrila. For me he's perfect. Super nice person, thoughtful, respectful, good massage skills, and always makes me feel like I have his full attention. He's perfect for me.

How do folks know these places are open. There's no indication that 27 spa is open on their website

Some spas had opened quietly by appointment before they received the official green light to open during Phase 3. I believe this may be the reason that they have not updated their website in some cases. I checked in with a couple to find out they were back in business while they showed as closed if you Googled them.

Dylan at Babylon (by appointment) although the door is open for walk-ins. Also at Babylon are Tom and some woman for the straight crowd are working on a reduced schedule. I had Dylan last week (both wearing masks), a wonderful relaxing time, after an hour, we went to the table shower together, Dylan used a salt scrub to lather me up from head to toe, then washed me down. He was so so so PLAYFUL. Afterwards I dressed, and he was spraying down the spa room, entrance way, desk area with disinfectant. I always tip well, almost 1to1, and tipped Tom as well (a bonus for not seeing him for 4 moths). Looking forwards to my next appointment with Tom.

FYI: At 27-M-S, recently, asked for August and not sure it was him during the appt., but the masseur offered to wear a mask which seemed like it was optional (did not enter the room w/ one on). I didn't see anyone else wear one except for one client in the waiting room.

I saw someone else there recently and also noticed none of them were wearing masks, except the guy I saw (though he only covered his mouth).

A few weeks ago I went to a legit massage place where there was some potential with the guy, but when I tried to go a second time they were down to just one woman. She told me there wasn’t enough business so she had to let him go.:( Seems like a lot of places are lighter on staff and need the business...

A few weeks ago I went to a legit massage place where there was some potential with the guy, but when I tried to go a second time they were down to just one woman. She told me there wasn’t enough business so she had to let him go.:( Seems like a lot of places are lighter on staff and need the business...

I've learned that when that happens and there is potential for a future meet-up due to the chemistry, you must ask the masseur for his personal cell phone #. The way these guys move around especially now that they are all scrambling for business, they get lost in the shuffle. If not for this forum, I wouldn't know where anyone is. @capthook - I wouldn't think you elected to have the woman handle your hook. ;)