Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Guest fm0322

On its Yelp page, Shangrila says they are re-opening today with the measures they are taking. Must wear masks, no table showers, appointments only etc. I probably won't be visiting any spas for another month or so to see how things go with the new round of openings.

I think it is important to point out that while there is no table shower, you can take a shower. I'm going there on Thursday and I will report

It's difficult for me to visualize enjoying a massage while wearing a mask, especially with my face in a cradle. I'm sure the spas do their best to wipe down surfaces and spray with disinfectant, but what do clients know about the last client in the room? What do clients know about their masseur? Did they spend last night in a crowd, without social distancing and without masks? Do they kiss their boy friend? (Or friends?)

I miss going to the theater, eating in restaurants, major league baseball, and massages, but the risk:reward ratio is not in my favor in a spa, sorry to say. Very sorry to say, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

It's difficult for me to visualize enjoying a massage while wearing a mask, especially with my face in a cradle. I'm sure the spas do their best to wipe down surfaces and spray with disinfectant, but what do clients know about the last client in the room? What do clients know about their masseur? Did they spend last night in a crowd, without social distancing and without masks? Do they kiss their boy friend? (Or friends?)

I miss going to the theater, eating in restaurants, major league baseball, and massages, but the risk:reward ratio is not in my favor in a spa, sorry to say. Very sorry to say, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Well said and thank you.

I, too, am not ready to return. To be in a small room with my face in a cradle that many before me were in, disinfectant or not, the risk isn't worth it for me. Everyone has to weigh their risk:benefit that best addresses their own sense of safety. The spas are reopening so the buisness survives, not necessarily that you survive.

yeah I'd have to agree. As tempting as it is, I think I'm gonna wait until there's a vaccine until I venture into situations that intimate in a closed space

Do you think each measure will clean everything table, room, surrounding items, etcs after done with earlier client?? I do not think so. I am NOT going until everything is good. I can NOT take my life on risk just for 1 hr massage.

My advise stay away for few more months or may be until next year. You have life, you have everything otherwise nothing.

Well said and thank you.

I, too, am not ready to return. To be in a small room with my face in a cradle that many before me were in, disinfectant or not, the risk isn't worth it for me. Everyone has to weigh their risk:benefit that best addresses their own sense of safety. The spas are reopening so the buisness survives, not necessarily that you survive.

I 100% agree. I do not want to inhale all the germs on the table.

Anyone know about Shangri-la? That was my go to in pre-covid days. I agree 100% it is t worth taking the risk. One might get away with it, but if not then there is hell to pay. And that would not make it anywhere close to worth it. I just feel bad for all the guys who aren’t employed as a result. Can you imagine the day when it is safe to go back? Maybe now is the time to book a year in advance just to save your spot on your favorite masseurs table. Lol