Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Tony at Green House is the closest to this description that I’ve experienced. Guessing mid30s, definitely beefy. He knows how to give a decent massage but tends to sensual.

Does anyone know anything about the guy that manages, maybe owns, Greenhouse? He definitely fits the physical description and l recall a discussion way back and now erased of him doing massage.

The owners are David and Andy. After they had second spa which is SM, they don’t give massages anymore

After more than a year, I’m thinking about treating myself to what was my favorite (and I know a lot of ppl here don’t agree): Supermen Spa.

Seems my top masseurs have left since i last visited. Anyone been recently? Recommendations?

Adam & Troy

Tony at Green House is the closest to this description that I’ve experienced. Guessing mid30s, definitely beefy. He knows how to give a decent massage but tends to sensual.

Does anyone know anything about the guy that manages, maybe owns, Greenhouse? He definitely fits the physical description and l recall a discussion way back and now erased of him doing massage.

Had Tony already (too young and somewhat limited for me). Decent massage . I like the older guy that runs greenhouse and the other spa they have but he is always a little unfriendly with me. I guess I am not his cup of tea . ?

I know there have been a few posts about Rainbow88 before but curious to know if anyone has visited lately. If so I know Jason is the main guy but curious if I should see anyone new. Part of what appeals to me is that I like an unknown factor. I don’t like a formulaic experience. I understand massages can include walking on your back, hot stones, etc. so that appeals. Even a blindfold appeals to me.

Also has anyone done 4 hands there?

Thanks!

has everyone been to shangrila? after frequenting several men's spas in the city, this is hands down the best quality and most consistent men's spa in nyc. really loving the quality of massage here.

Who’s your fave besides Sam?

Anyone have info on Raphael at 27 men’s? PM me. Thanks

I had a massage with Raphael a couple of weeks ago. His massage skills are pretty decent and it was a good experience overall. He's super sexy and while he was a little standoffish at first, he warms up quick and is a nice guy--I'd recommend him.

Guest fm0322
Definitely old Craigslist! Probably new Hero Spa as it is mapped to West 56th, though Manta was/is at 8th Ave and 56th and this ad is east of Broadway on 56th

Manta is gone. Now its name is New Hero. New paint and carpet and some familiar faces. I think Simon from Utopia is working at NH

is is better than manta?

New Hero is the old Manta.

Tried it recently. Basically the same place with some tacky remodeling. Some sad, fat Chinese guys sitting around the lobby. I tried a tall, skinny Asian kid. Mediocre massage/ spent WAY too much time prepping with pressure through a towel. OK work in the glutes and buttocks that lead to an ok ending, but definitely nothing worth recommending or repeating. Still sad and tired. I will stick with Shangrila for the higher cost and much better service.

New Hero is the old Manta.

Tried it recently. Basically the same place with some tacky remodeling. Some sad, fat Chinese guys sitting around the lobby. I tried a tall, skinny Asian kid. Mediocre massage/ spent WAY too much time prepping with pressure through a towel. OK work in the glutes and buttocks that lead to an ok ending, but definitely nothing worth recommending or repeating. Still sad and tired. I will stick with Shangrila for the higher cost and much better service.

really good to know. thank you. shangrila really is the best in the city. great place for men.

I know there have been a few posts about Rainbow88 before but curious to know if anyone has visited lately. If so I know Jason is the main guy but curious if I should see anyone new. Part of what appeals to me is that I like an unknown factor. I don’t like a formulaic experience. I understand massages can include walking on your back, hot stones, etc. so that appeals. Even a blindfold appeals to me.

Also has anyone done 4 hands there?

Thanks!

I’ve always been fond and supportive of Rainbow88. It’s where I popped my spa cherry and developed a nice rapport with Jason over the years. There are a few other masseurs, and a masseuse, there now and then but it’s essentially Jason and Brian (I think) running the show. They both know how to give decent and fun massages. Jason is one of the few I know that gets up on the table on walks on your back, which I love. The hot stones are nice touch. But their being short staffed leads them to have to talk to each other during massages, leaving to answer the door mid-session and complaints of texting during massages, though I’ve never noticed this personally. I’d heard good reports and requested a 4 handed massage once and they couldn’t do it without advance scheduling. I’m not a planner. But as it’s cheap and only 5 minutes from me, I keep going back. About 4 weeks ago I walked in, and the place smelled like rotting garbage. They were booked anyways. Haven’t been back yet, though I’ll likely have a sudden needy moment at some point and will give them another chance.

Its been a year since I've looked into spas and reading the last 10-15 pages it seems there have been a lot of changes so I thought I would ask again. Any of these new places or new working masseurs fall into the "daddy daddy/bear" range? 45+, prefer slightly overweight but will take muscular. I don't even need a happy ending at this point, I just want a big old man with meaty hands to massage me in a spa setting. I can get the happy ending from solo therapists I enjoy but I'm bored with going to houses, walking up 4 flights of steps to a cluttered apartment, and I like the atmosphere of a good massage place. Thanks.

Try Leo at East Men Spa

Had Tony already (too young and somewhat limited for me). Decent massage . I like the older guy that runs greenhouse and the other spa they have but he is always a little unfriendly with me. I guess I am not his cup of tea . ?

As I know he no longer performs massages

Hey, so I took the plunge and booked a massage with Jorge @ Shangrila after reading so many glowing reviews. Unfortunately, I have to disagree with many people here. This was, to put it lightly, the most disappointing massage I've had. If interested, pm for details. Clearly I'm in the minority here. I wish I could've had a great experience like many people posted.

As for the facilities, I was also disappointed that the walls don't go all the way up. I had a room near the entrance so I could hear people walking in, answering calls, etc. The complimentary Evian waters and metal member cards are nice touches though.