Spas in NYC

Guy Fawkes

Sounds like either Yura (Russian from the Asian part), or maybe Mussa (sp) who is youngish Egyptian/Italian (IF he’s still there).

I’m inclined to suspect the former. Some of his techniques were kinda painful and with every “whoa!” And “ouch!” I uttered, his only response was “I’m sorry” (as he continued anyway.). I should’ve reminded him that this is not a physical therapy session; chill with extreme leg stretching dude.

Yes! The leg stretching!! My quads were on fire the next day. Jaysus! Lol.

Guest fm0322
Hey guys, I’m going to Shangrila and boomed with Jorge. Can anybody DM me about what to expect?

I promise you will leave happy and looking forward to going back

Had Mike at 27. Very cute latino but used his knuckles and elbow a lot. Was a bit painful at times. He said let him know of too hard or too soft at least so I did when needed. Again, very cute but I wouldn’t repeat.

Had Mike as well. Agreed not the most amazing masseur, mostly average, but so damn cute. Fit, only 22 I think, and with HE, MT and VERY into the massage, I would see him again.

Anyone have feedback on Raphael from 27 Men? Looking at the schedule they post and was curious. Always curious to try someone new from time to time as there’s a thrill.

Mostly stick to Shangrila and Super Men in the past (Adam Rodrigo and Sam are my usual I’ve gone to) and curious of any suggestions in PM as well!

I don’t disagree that $12 or $10 is way low BUT... I’m also not in the camp of 100% tips. To each their own.

These guys could work at a Chinatown restaurant and make $10 an hour or they could do massage - the guys I’ve talked to say they would pick spa all day long. So they make the $20 fee and another $20-50 or more tip. That works out to $40-70 per hour. I understand they often can’t go back to back but the amount they make in a day (for being unlicensed, no professional training - is not a bad living. It’s not unheard of to make $300-500 in a day of work. 5 days a week let’s call it $2,000 in a week. $8,000 a month (tax free).

U got all info corrected here. That's around $1,500 - $2,000 per week (more or as money of us went on debt from students loan). More than 80-100% tip often will created (built up) their ego then pick & choose clients from the outside look instead of treat us all equal when they first met (no judgment).

Guest fm0322
I don’t disagree that $12 or $10 is way low BUT... I’m also not in the camp of 100% tips. To each their own.

These guys could work at a Chinatown restaurant and make $10 an hour or they could do massage - the guys I’ve talked to say they would pick spa all day long. So they make the $20 fee and another $20-50 or more tip. That works out to $40-70 per hour. I understand they often can’t go back to back but the amount they make in a day (for being unlicensed, no professional training - is not a bad living. It’s not unheard of to make $300-500 in a day of work. 5 days a week let’s call it $2,000 in a week. $8,000 a month (tax free).

I’m intrigued by this thread and want to share my POV. For me massage is a luxury and I can afford it every 3 weeks. I am grateful when a masseur treats me well and the intimacy in a massage - therapeutic or otherwise - is not lost on me. I tip $100 for a 90 minute massage when the massage is done well. I know the masseur is grateful and I feel good doing it. I tend to stick with the same masseur long term. My tip is truly my expression of gratitude not obligation. For me, over time, it has paid off. Through this forum I have done my research and almost never have a bad experience.

I’m intrigued by this thread and want to share my POV. For me massage is a luxury and I can afford it every 3 weeks. I am grateful when a masseur treats me well and the intimacy in a massage - therapeutic or otherwise - is not lost on me. I tip $100 for a 90 minute massage when the massage is done well. I know the masseur is grateful and I feel good doing it. I tend to stick with the same masseur long term. My tip is truly my expression of gratitude not obligation. For me, over time, it has paid off. Through this forum I have done my research and almost never have a bad experience.

I totally agree and appreciate your input!