NY Post did NOT like Mrs. Doubtfire on Broadway

samhexum
This topic is 851 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Obnoxious musical 

Bringing 'Mrs. Doubtfire' to Broadway was a huge mistake

Rob McClure plays Mrs. Doubtfire on Broadway.

Why has a movie that was never anything more than a ridiculous vehicle for the late Robin Williams’ comedic talents been dragged onstage almost 30 years later without him?

I liked, but didn't love, the movie, which is basically what I felt about Robin Williams.  The only time I ever truly loved him was his 2 hour 'INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO' which was absolutely hysterical.

Edited by samhexum
Just for the hell of it.

37 minutes ago, samhexum said:

Obnoxious musical 

Bringing 'Mrs. Doubtfire' to Broadway was a huge mistake

Rob McClure plays Mrs. Doubtfire on Broadway.

Why has a movie that was never anything more than a ridiculous vehicle for the late Robin Williams’ comedic talents been dragged onstage almost 30 years later without him?

I liked, but didn't love, the movie, which is basically what I felt about Robin Williams.  The only time I ever truly loved him was his 2 hour 'INSIDE THE ACTORS STUDIO' which was absolutely hysterical.

Robin Williams was an excellent comic and super talented actor.  But, all these years later he may be seen as old fashioned as Bob Hope and George Jessel. I saw Jessel perform in person when I was in the Army in 1968. What an asshole.

• 3 weeks later...