When the End Comes....

OneFinger
This topic is 5583 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zipperzone

>I taped a sign to my computer. It says, "This belongs

>to roomie."

>

>Make you happy? :*

Somewhere between ecstatic and delirious.

Regulations vary quit a bit from area to area as to who to call first.

To find out what's appropriate in their area, I'd suggest that they 1) ask their doctor(s), he should know, as doctors sign the death certificate; or 2) call the local coronor or medical examiners business office and ask what the protocal is in that area; or 3) If they have chosen a funeral home to use, ask them what to do, they would know.

That way they would know. If in doubt, I would think calling either 911 or a funeral home would be okay, as they would inform the caller how to proceed, and make the appropriate dispatch.

Making pre-arrangements at a funeral home isn't a bad thing, but even if they haven't, or don't, it's a good idea to figure out which one you want to call ahead of time (if they haven't selected one, I'd call or go visit the options and make an informed choice on which one best meets their needs in terms of pricing and services offered, and even the personality of the funeral director - there can be quit a bit of difference between them). Since the funeral home will likely have some interaction with the family, they may want to find a funeral director they feel comfortable with, and ask him to be discrete about their relationship.

As to the room decor, that shouldn't be an issue in a big city, I'm sure that responders have probable seen almost everything. If they are in a smaller town I could understand some concern. Though a "death scene" shouldn't be disturbed if the police or coronor are responding, I wouldn't think taking some calendars off the wall ahead of time would be an issue.

Guest zipperzone

>Though a "death scene" shouldn't be

>disturbed if the police or coronor are responding, I wouldn't

>think taking some calendars off the wall ahead of time would

>be an issue.

Well it shouldn't be an issue, but who knows.... If "art" is taken down it could leave a conspicuous nail hole and perhaps the wall underneath could be a different colour.

This might cause some questions to be asked. It shouldn't put the one left in a difficult position but there might be some embarrassment in having to explain. Whereas if the "art" was left in place it would probably be ignored.

Thanks for the response with some very good suggestions. Don't know why I didn't think about this earlier, but one of mutual friends is a supervisor at a 911 facility. He's gay and I'm sure he'll be able to provide specific requirements for our locale.

>As to the room decor, that shouldn't be an issue in a big city..."

We live in Salt Lake City. Believe, although it's the capital of Utah, there are definitely some very closed minds. For example, the Sports Illustrated Swim Suit edition is considered "inappropriate" and is only sold in the local stores under the counter. In addition, having that same magazine in your dorm room at BYU is grounds for expulsion from school and is a violation of their private school code of conduct. Yes, people have actually been kicked out of BYU for this.

A former Mormon missionary has also been denied his BS degree because he produced a calendar of former missionaries posing SHIRTLESS. Yes, not nude, not in their underwear but merely shirtless. He's currently suing BYU to get his degree. (He passed all the classes, did all the work, was days away from walking down the aisle and they pulled his degree for code of conduct reasons.)

But, I digress. Back to the main issue, I'm following up with Chad and trying to get he and Brad communicating about these issues.

Archived