Another sign of the coming Apocalypse

MickeyMoosie

This topic is 5025 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In the last few days I also read that British doctors have issued warnings about the health risk of playing games on the Nintendo Wii.

Seems they've seen an upswing in pulled muscles from people exercising without a proper warm up.

Next, they'll be putting warning labels on tennis raquets.

(My sister is a physical therapist and she absolutely loves the Wii and uses it to get her senior patients active. They love it too and get exercise they otherwise wouldn't get.)

When you protect people too much, they lose (or never develop) the ability to protect themselves.

As a recently retired college professor, I can testify that some of my colleagues were shocked to see that I corrected tests and compositions with red ink. They told me that the practice was considered anti-pedagogical, offensive to students, politically incorrect, and some other bullshit that I can't remember! :(