"Squid game" inspired party leaves 7 dead...

marylander1940
This topic is 952 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

'Squid Game' costumes banned after students 'mimic' violence (usatoday.com)

OP note: Is like we can't tell the difference between reality and fiction!

I'm not sure if this thread belongs here, I found just a few comments about Squid Game  but no specific thread.

Tragedy at a Halloween party in Panama: they recreated the Squid Game and the celebration ended in a gang war - Market Research Telecast

2 hours ago, marylander1940 said:

I'm not sure if this thread belongs here, I found just a few comments about Squid Game  but no specific thread.

Maybe in the Comedy/Tragedy, TV & Streaming Services subforum?

I think the second headline is misleading.  The violence in Panama had nothing to do with the Squid Game and more to do with long standing violence between rival gangs.

I'd never heard of the Squid Game until a couple of days ago.  Sounds like the series took the name of a popular South Korean children's game and turned it into a sick TV drama that glorifies violence.  Not something I'd want to watch, but I guess crap like this has an audience as it's supposedly Netflix's highest rated series to date.