Australia

uwsman2
This topic is 5597 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Only a relatively quick glimpse, it is true, but I nominate Hugh Jackman's personal trainer for a special Oscar for preparing him for his role in "Australia," Baz Luhrmann's new film. Jackman looks fantastically buff in his big shirtless scene. The movie is LONG, but absorbing, and includes fantastic panoramic shots of the Australian outback. Nicole Kidman starts chilly but warms up to being a very sympathetic character. But I envied her those extended kisses with Jackman --- wow!

This movie has more endings than a frayed rope but I loved it and will no doubt see it again in a theater with a wide wide screen. The panoramic scenery is almost as breathtaking as Jackman's physique [sigh]. I was expecting to be hounded by "Waltzing Matilda" in the soundtrack but you only caught snippets of it from time to time. Instead, Hischfelder overused the melody from Bach's Sheep May Safely Graze albeit often in inventive variations. Just a warning to the seniors among us, hit the head first: it's nearly three hours long with no intermission.

BIG!! MESSY!! AND VERY ENTERTAINING!!!

Baz does it again!

This movie is immensely watchable and just plain immense.

Plus, nicole looks almost human. I thought i detected skin flaws in one scene. Baz musta made her leave the botox at home.

And who woulda thought you'd leave the theater humming that great old standard... well, let it be a surprise, guys.

Yeah, Hugh certainly is the sexiest man alive, although we could have used a little more skin in this epic. Nicole was rail thin and pale as a ghost!

Still, all in all, an entertaining movie, if a bit too long.

The kid was great. I haven't seen eyelashes that long since my visit to the giraffes at the zoo.

ED

Yeah, Hugh certainly is the sexiest man alive, although we could have used a little more skin in this epic. Nicole was rail thin and pale as a ghost!

Still, all in all, an entertaining movie, if a bit too long.

The kid was great. I haven't seen eyelashes that long since my visit to the giraffes at the zoo.

ED

Archived