Acai - Any Devotees?

Guest ncm2169
This topic is 5621 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest msclonly

I have been enjoying Acai, since my first trip to Brazil 5 years ago. An afternoon smoothie with Guranana gives a lift that lasts into the night and trip to the Discol.

Strangely for several years, no one heard of it outside of Brazil and now it is even on Daddy's. I have been expecting a new company to be contacting me for Multi-Level Marketing of the Acai pulp. The Republic of Tea has a Greeen Tea with Acai. Unfortunately, all are a bit expensive.

Right now Promgranates are hitting the markets, and Costco has the freshest largest specimens for about $2.20 each in boxes of 6 for a total of %12.95. Don't pass them up looking for Acai. Local fruit is always a preferred snack due to the freshness and limited traveling.

Then there are Blueberies, Blackberries, Rasberries. All high in nutrients, that the body loves! The darker the color the higher the nutrients.

Don't forget to get your 5 fruits and 5 vegetable a say

:+

Acai needs to be mixed with something else to be drinkable. Normally in Rio de Janeiro they do a frozen smoothie mixed with straberries/ morango and I'll asked for it topped with granola(same word in Portuguese) for some crunch and fiber. You can also request that it be sweetened with either sugar/com acucar or with artificial sweetener/ com adocante(a-doe-SANTCH) a mixture of sodium cyclamate(outlawed in the US) and saccharin.

Guest msclonly

Why spoil a perfectly healthy smoothie with toxic........

chemicals like artificaial sweetners.

The anti-oxidants in the fruits in the smoothie would have to go to work protecting you from the chemicals making up the artificial sweetners. Of course, I realized that Brazilians think the chemical sweetners are better and use TOO much, since sugar cane is used to make ethanol for their cars!

SUPER BOMBA Smoothies have protein added in addition to the acai and guranana! :9 :p :-(

Archived