Texas-Felony to solicit sex

keroscenefire
This topic is 978 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In another thread someone mentioned a new Texas law that makes it a felony to solicit sex so I thought I'd create a new thread just to make it more clear/obvious. Texas is the first state to make it a felony to solicit sex and the punishments could be up to two years in prison even on first offense. 

I would be very careful with this hobby in Texas everyone. 

46 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nicholas said:

It's window-dressing, meant to deter sex-trafficking, not hobbyists.

It was also created and passed by people looking for reelection after 12-15 months of huge blunders with their base.

Lipstick on a pig.  Nothing will change.

Thanks for the clarification on the ground. If I were to go to Texas I'd definitely only meet vetted professionals like yourself and probably not some random Grindr dude with roses on his profile. But still makes me more nervous to hire/travel to Texas. 

1 hour ago, keroscenefire said:

Thanks for the clarification on the ground. If I were to go to Texas I'd definitely only meet vetted professionals like yourself and probably not some random Grindr dude with roses on his profile. But still makes me more nervous to hire/travel to Texas. 

I do realize that the optics of living in Texas aren't so good right now.  

We do a two-step forward... and about 10 thousand steps back.

As long as you don't need a Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder Ring to hire a guy, I think we will survive.