Tops & Bottoms What Do You Think?

Guest ryan2552
This topic is 5631 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ryan2552

Your thoughts are most welcomed on this topic.

I was having lunch with a few gay friends Saturday when a fiesty discussion broke out about tops and bottoms. One person in our group of five felt being a top or being a bottom is a trait we are born with. The rest of us supported the idea that top or bottom was a choice a learned behavior.

Years ago I heard it said that the best tops are former bottoms. That would suggest that even if it's an innate trait you can't be a good top unless you have chosen to be one.

I am sure that ultimately there is something innate involved...

However, in my experience the best S&M tops have been those that have had experiences as bottoms along the way... One has to know both sides of the coin to be effective.

Actually in any endeavor it is best to experience all aspects of the activity.

So yes, the best tops most likely had experiences as bottoms… and experienced all the facets involved. As Seinfeld said when discussing why gay guys don’t “change teams” he said something to the effect that “when you own the equipment you don’t change teams”… all the more so when you know how to use the equipment when playing both offense and defense… It makes you a better and more effective player.

Archived