Wanda Sykes...Come out, come out wherever you are!

Guest andrewd
This topic is 5607 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest andrewd

Here's some video of Wanda Sykes coming out at a recent Prop 8 protest rally and a clip from her recent standup routine re: gay marriage. The first is moving & funny, the second is just plain fucking funny!

Enjoy!!

Thanks to my newest "friend" for turning me on to these. Ura reel smart won, hoo's a enspried me tu git sum sckoolin' ;)

Thanks for posting this. Although, would you really call this "coming out" because, as she says, she was never really in the closet? Didn't we determine in the "Who's in the closet?" thread that some people just don't talk about their sexuality, but they aren't pretending to be straight, so they're not really in the closet? They just don't talk about it, just like many straight people don't need to talk about being straight. Or am I getting it all wrong? (It wouldn't be the first time.)

Anyway, I love Wanda. She's my favorite comic in the whole world, and how nice to know she's gay, too. :)

Guest andrewd

I chose that headline for its humor factor, but realized after the fact that it kind of has an edge/meanness to I didn't intend. My bad. I am not a fan of 'outing' anyone. We all do it in our own way and on our own timetable.

I say that with this one caveat: if you vocally oppose or attempt to deny rights proclaiming the 'heathen homosexual lifestyle wrong' all the while sneaking around getting your dip stick wet and your bung hole bunged, then all bets are off and you should prepare to be covered in an avalanche of your own shit! Wow. Guess I grabbed the venom instead of the Splenda for my cup o' joe this morning. Stepping down off the box of soap now...

Guest andrewd

I'm not sure of the technical definition of 'coming out', but I think until you actually make a public proclamation when you are in the public eye, you haven't officially 'come out', per se. Is that a fair assumption? You know what they say about assumptions!

I'm partial to these definitions of 'coming out':

1. A social debut.

2. A revelation or acknowledgment that one is a gay man, a lesbian, or a bisexual.

Especially partial to the first one as it has a southern belle sorta connotation to it and you gotta love a southern belle! Right? ;)

Guest andrewd

Oh damn, that was funny!! Gave me a good laugh. Think I may have wet myself a lil' bit.

Favorite line: "The bible say Adam & Eve. It don't say Adam & Mary J. Blige!"

"It was Soul Train, wuldn't it?" was a good one also!

Thanks for the early morning belly laugh!!

Archived