The legal challenges to Prop. 8 begin

Rick Munroe
This topic is 5650 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have to admit that I wasn't as elated last night as I'd always imagined I would be. The news about Prop. 8 was a real buzz-kill. But...the legal challenges (from the SF Attorney and Gloria Allred, for starters) are now beginning, which lifted my spirits a lot this morning:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/11/5/125155/110/471/654479

The official position from the "No on Prop 8" organization

Nov 05, 2008

Statement by No on Prop 8 Campaign on Election Status

Roughly 400,000 votes separate yes from no on Prop 8 – out of 10 million votes tallied.

Based on turnout estimates reported yesterday, we expect that there are more than 3 million and possibly as many as 4 million absentee and provisional ballots yet to be counted.

Given that fundamental rights are at stake, we must wait to hear from the Secretary of State tomorrow how many votes are yet to be counted as well as where they are from.

It is clearly a very close election and we monitored the results all evening and this morning.

As of this point, the election is too close to call.

Because Prop 8 involves the sensitive matter of individual rights, we believe it is important to wait until we receive further information about the outcome.

Geoff Kors

Executive Committee NO on Prop 8

Kate KendellExecutive Committee

NO on Prop 8

Guest tuesclavo

Hate to be debbie downer here but the prop 8 proponents could get that 2/3rds in the legislature since alot will be scared to override the voters. Maybe we don't have the best management on the noon8 side. I read we raised 44 mil to 31 mil for the yeson8, yet still got out-advertised. Worst thing to do is to push this up to the Roberts court, in which case we will be good and truly fkd for a long time.

(btw Rick, your new pic if effin hot. :p i haven't looked that good since this morning. hah! i wish.;( )

Archived