visiting Canada after August 9 (and returning to the US)

newatthis
This topic is 1025 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Has anyone found official information on the steps tourists must take to fly to Canada after August 9?  There are many news articles out there and even press releases from the Canadian government, which appear to mandate that 2 items be uploaded to ArriveCan in order to be allowed to board a flight: 

1. vaccination certificate
  2. negative covid test result from less than 72 hours before arrival in Canada (there is a list of acceptable tests)

At present tourists cannot access the ArriveCan app to verify this.  I would hope this will become available soon; does anyone know when?

In addition, I believe US Citizens need to present a negative covid test result from less than 72 hours before arrival back in the US in order to return home.  The only options for such tests I can find in Montreal are mega-expensive (> $200).  Do any of our Montreal-resident members have any advice on this?

"In addition, I believe US Citizens need to present a negative covid test result from less than 72 hours before arrival back in the US in order to return home.  The only options for such tests I can find in Montreal are mega-expensive (> $200).  Do any of our Montreal-resident members have any advice on this?"

- - - - - - -

In Montreal at the YUL airport the antigen test can be obtained for $149 Canadian dollars which equals about $118 U.S. dollars

https://www.admtl.com/en/guide/tips/travel/covid-test

Edited by coriolis888