SEPTEMBER 11, 2001

jackhammer91406
This topic is 5705 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have been waiting all day for someone to open a thread on 9/11 but nothing here or in the Politics forum.

I was surprised and disappointed that there was nothing on the front page of the L.A. Times in memory except an article on terrorism in general.

I guess we as a nation and a board have moved on. With NO political slant at all, I take a moment to remember those who were murdered that day, and those brave men and women who went into harm's way to try and rescue victims.

We will and should NEVER forget.

Don't assume that because you didn't read it here, it wasn't happening. We watched the tube today and relived the experience of being in New York on that day. We saw the first pix of the new memorial at the Pentagon, where my best friend from high school was killed. Later, we watched as McCain and Obama observed the day at the World Trade Center. Somehow writing about it here didn't seem necessary, but it isn't unnecessary either, so this post.

>I guess we as a nation and a board have moved on. With NO

>political slant at all, I take a moment to remember those who

>were murdered that day, and those brave men and women who went

>into harm's way to try and rescue victims.

>

>We will and should NEVER forget.

>

>

Jackhammer:

Just want you to know you're not alone in taking a moment to remember. In 2001, I was working in Alexandria. I drove by the Pentagon (via Rt 395) just moments before the plane crashed there. I don't believe I will ever forget that day; and, just as you, I didn't need news broadcasts to remind me...

I have moved on, as well--I have an old Air Force buddy currently stationed in Afghanistan and I've a nephew who is permanently affected from his tour in Iraq (PTSD). I often worry about those currently serving in the military and those yet to serve...

Because of 9/11, I have a higher appreciation for police, firefighters, and all of those who put their lives "on the line" for others--I sincerely admire their selfless ability to serve the public.

Archived