Are Most Social Media Platforms Homophobic?

MysticMenace
This topic is 1113 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In my typical YouTube browsing, this recent video from Mario Adrion was discussing how his social media platforms, which are mainly targeted towards gay men, have either been banned or permanently deleted and showed the imbalance between the quick bans or account deletions of what seem to be homosexual content vs. the "straight" content. From my experience in YouTube browsing, I definitely notice a lot more accommodations for how far straight couples could bare and show in social media platforms vs. what gay men could show. Does his observation resonate with you?

I certainly find Facebook to be homophobic.

I think the issue is actually the people they use to manage the complaint process, I believe this is done in the Philipines and most Filos are Staunch Cathoics, so they see nil issue with someone calling me a pedophile because I identify as gay.

So i cannot get those posts removed, but I get posts of mine removed for being critical of homophobia or homophobia hate.

I certainly find Facebook to be homophobic.

I think the issue is actually the people they use to manage the complaint process, I believe this is done in the Philipines and most Filos are Staunch Cathoics, so they see nil issue with someone calling me a pedophile because I identify as gay.

So i cannot get those posts removed, but I get posts of mine removed for being critical of homophobia or homophobia hate.

Google which owns YouTube and Android has certainly become more censored and conservatively moralistic as it becomes more and more of an Indian company. Even it's search results are getting suspect. Of course Facebook has been headed down this path. And in a way I'm just as worried about what information they are collecting and for whom if they have these moral assumptions. I don't know why Twitter stays more liberal on gays but it could be bought any day.