Some initial stats

RadioRob
This topic is 1125 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know that many people here love numbers and stats. Within the last few days, I've been able to enable better logging which will give some interesting insights to the community overall as a whole. These stats are just for the last 24 hours (basically for Saturday)

Daily Traffic (Daily Overview):

Visits - 7.32k

Page views - 59.27k

Requests - 407.3k

Requests by Country:

United States - 6.7k

United Kingdom - 190

Australia - 100

Canada - 80

Netherlands - 30

Israel - 30

France - 20

Germany - 20

Greece - 20

Colombia - 20

Most Popular Site Paths:

/ (home) - 4.62k

/forums/the-spa.34/ - 490

/forums/the-deli.30/ - 450

/forums/male-strip-clubs.40/ - 80

What Browser Do Users Use:

MobileSafari - 2.36k

Safari - 1.24k

ChromeMobile - 990

Chrome - 880

Unknown - 580

Firefox - 540

Edge - 310

What Operating System Do Users Use:

iOS - 2.88k

MacOSX - 1.83k

Windows - 1.08k

Android - 880

Unknown - 580

Linux - 40

ChromeOS - 30

What Device Type Do Users Use:

Mobile - 3.45k

Desktop - 3.37k

Tablet - 500

What surprised me the most was the percentage of traffic to the site that was done via mobile devices. More than 50% of the site's traffic comes from users browsing from their phone. I don't typically see that high of a percentage across many of the site I help manage. It looks like a majority of the users to this site are using iPhones or Macs... which is somewhat higher than what I generally see as well.

What surprised me the most was the percentage of traffic to the site that was done via mobile devices. More than 50% of the site's traffic comes from users browsing from their phone. I don't typically see that high of a percentage across many of the site I help manage. It looks like a majority of the users to this site are using iPhones or Macs... which is somewhat higher than what I generally see as well.

You mean phones can be used for things other than talking to people? You really DO learn something new everyday. ? ?

I'm pretty sure I'll feel stupid when I hear the answer, but what are "Requests?" Thanks

There are no such thing as stupid questions! This is actually a good question because the answer might not be as obvious as someone might think it would be.

When you visit the website and click around, each time the server processes something for you it's seen as a request. I've changed the stats to not report each individual file/click as a request, instead it is counting just the unique person instead. If it counted each object you requested, it would make the country stats skewed if one person clicked more links.