A4A scam

Tulsadad66
This topic is 1104 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Long time lurker -- first time poster. Have any of you suddenly had your Adam4Adam account suspended. I did. I asked why and they want a picture of my photo ID for age verification. I'm 54. Like h*ll am I going to send them a picture of my ID!

I would never share that information. They have no need for that information. Walk away - create a new profile and write off the old one if you have to.

tenor.gif

I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago when I created a new account after not being on in awhile. They wanted all this information including a picture of me holding a newspaper with today's date! They said it was because I didn't post a picture right away and didn't fill out my profile. Never went back.

There's always the chance the request is not actually from A4A. So many scams trying to get your ID these days.

My PayPal account is falsely "suspended" at least twice a month, and I've not used it in ten years. My auto warranty (which I don't have) has been set to expire "tomorrow" almost 100 times it seems. Its always best to call directly to the supposed entity to verify the situation before responding.

Recently, it appears text has become the preferred way to scam.

Edited by ButchAtl