Sir Spa Chicago

MassageDrew
This topic is 1002 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Has anyone been to Sir Spa in Chicago lately? As in the last month or two? At one point there were only 4 or 5 of their long-time regular masseurs listed. There appears to have been an explosion of new masseurs working there. Has anyone tried any of the new ones?

Since they updated their site they no longer post the masseur's last name so it's hard to Google any info lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Was there yesterday with hubby for a couples massage escape. Had a great therapeutic massage from Richard. Locker room was open, so were showers and the steam room was open for max of two people. Hubby got one of the new guys but didn't catch the therapist's name but got good marks.

Was there yesterday with hubby for a couples massage escape. Had a great therapeutic massage from Richard. Locker room was open, so were showers and the steam room was open for max of two people. Hubby got one of the new guys but didn't catch the therapist's name but got good marks.

Richard does provide an amazing therapeutic massage. Too bad your hubby didn't remember the therapist's name. Would be really curious.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was back at Sir for the first time today. It was fairly busy for a weekday afternoon, although there wasn't much steam room usage. Not sure if this was a timing thing or guys being slow to return to that dynamic. When I ended my session there were three guys in the lounge. Most guys did what I did- wore masks in the lounge and to and from the locker room and front door. I didn't wear a mask in the locker room, steam, or shower, obviously. The manager said when I checked out that they'll be sending an email before everything reopens next week reinstating the day passes and notifying everyone of the updated/removed regulations. 

My masseur said they have been busy and are actively looking for more masseurs.

4 hours ago, Nakedchi said:

I was back at Sir for the first time today. It was fairly busy for a weekday afternoon, although there wasn't much steam room usage. Not sure if this was a timing thing or guys being slow to return to that dynamic. When I ended my session there were three guys in the lounge. Most guys did what I did- wore masks in the lounge and to and from the locker room and front door. I didn't wear a mask in the locker room, steam, or shower, obviously. The manager said when I checked out that they'll be sending an email before everything reopens next week reinstating the day passes and notifying everyone of the updated/removed regulations. 

My masseur said they have been busy and are actively looking for more masseurs.

Hi NakedChi. Who worked on you?  Antonio? Or a new masseur?

I was there a few days ago.  Horrible massage from an unattractive masseur.  The massage itself was so bad that when I got back to my hotel, I ordered a massage from Soothe.  Ironically, they first wanted to send me the same masseur that I had seen at Sir Spa (I of course cancelled that massage and asked for a different masseur).

1 hour ago, Love2GetMassaged said:

I was there a few days ago.  Horrible massage from an unattractive masseur.  The massage itself was so bad that when I got back to my hotel, I ordered a massage from Soothe.  Ironically, they first wanted to send me the same masseur that I had seen at Sir Spa (I of course cancelled that massage and asked for a different masseur).

Oh no. Sorry to hear. I'm a fan of Sir Spa when I was living in Chicago and up to now. I am actually planning to visit when I'm in Chicago next month. Maybe the masseur you got is one of the new therapists?

15 minutes ago, Franco said:

Oh no. Sorry to hear. I'm a fan of Sir Spa when I was living in Chicago and up to now. I am actually planning to visit when I'm in Chicago next month. Maybe the masseur you got is one of the new therapists?

His name was Jesse.  Not sure if he is new, as I was visiting Chicago and it was my first (and likely last) time at Sir Spa

10 hours ago, Love2GetMassaged said:

Jesse.  White guy, unattractive, long sorta curly hair.

That seems like more of an anomaly on the quality side, for Sir.  But sometimes the newer guys aren't as up to par.  Rich, Marcus, and Antonio are all experienced and give quality massages.  I've found you just have to experiment to find the right fit, quality wise there.  In terms of looks, I'll be honest, the expectation there isn't that they're models.  It's not the same sort of set up as the NYC type spas.  The guys are all licensed, legit providers.   My recommendation would be to give it another go, take some time to relax in the steam before or after, and you'll have a nice time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2021 at 9:09 PM, Nakedchi said:

Did you ask for an attractive masseur? How else would they have known to provide you with one?

No, I didn't request a specific masseur or a specific type of look.  Since the place is "professional," I just expected a good massage.  I didn't get one.  And the masseur was ugly to boot.  But like I said, had the massage been good, I wouldn't have cared what the guy looked at.  If the massage is bad, having a little eye candy can be at least a small saving grace (but still is unlikely to make up for the lousy massage). 

• 5 weeks later...

Anybody have any more intel on new therapists at Sir Spa? I’m going later this week and will have Alex…I know the old Alex left, so not sure if he came back or if it’s a new Alex. Also saw Joshua a few weeks ago and I think he’s improved since the last time I saw him 18+ months ago—was more firm than I remember.

I think it's the same Alex.  If you request a reservation on the site, the provider's full name is there.  I've hear Alex gives a good massage, but never had him myself.  Rich or Marcus are still my go to's for a quality massage.  

19 hours ago, msparty said:

Anybody have any more intel on new therapists at Sir Spa? I’m going later this week and will have Alex…I know the old Alex left, so not sure if he came back or if it’s a new Alex. Also saw Joshua a few weeks ago and I think he’s improved since the last time I saw him 18+ months ago—was more firm than I remember.

I've been to Alex in the past. Maybe he had back to back appointment that day, but I felt that although technically fine, it was a little mechanical. My go tos are Antonio and Derrek. They give excellent massages.