MUST HEAR - Chad Mitchell Trio Lives

Guest ncm2169
This topic is 5729 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Of course I remember The Vatican Rag and also Be Prepared, (the Boy Scout Marching Song "don't solicit for your sister: it's not nice - unless you get a good percentage of the price . . . ) And We'll All Go Together When We Go. . . . and The Masochism Tango . . ("When you're sliding down the razor blade of life . . ." [i think that's from the Masochism Tango] I could go on. I've always felt that the "war on drugs" precluded us from having a second generation of Tom Lerher composers.

But for the Chad Mitchell Trio, my favorite remains “With Her Head Tucked Underneath Her Arm” about Anne Boleyn in the Tower of London (They though it was a football that she carried in, and when they'd had a few they asked if Armys gonna win. . They thought it was Red Grainge instead of poor ol' Anne Boleyn - with her head tucked underneath her arm . . .)

Thanks for the memories!!!

Guest ncm2169

< Be Prepared, (the Boy Scout Marching Song "don't solicit for your sister: it's not nice - unless you get a good percentage of the price . . . ) And We'll All Go Together When We Go. . . . and The Masochism Tango . . ("When you're sliding down the razor blade of life . .

Ahem, Mr. 56. Methinks you're confusing Chad with Tom Lehrer, who did "The Marching Song," We'll all go together," and "The4 masochism tango,) and far more.

"Vatican Rag" was about as "out there" as Chad ever got.

Archived