Papa Aiken: The Inaccurate Conception

glutes
This topic is 4772 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Whoz your daddy? Whoz your daddy?

Clay Aiken's a dad! Singer, pal welcome baby boy

BY TRACY MILLER

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Updated Friday, August 8th 2008, 11:59 AM

Clay Aiken, 29, is now a proud pa.

It's official: Clay Aiken is now a daddy!

The singer, 29, and his producer pal Jaymes Foster welcomed a baby boy Friday morning in Aiken's home state of North Carolina, Aiken's mother, Faye, told a local radio station.

Parker Foster Aiken arrived at 8:08 a.m. - on 8/8/08, no less - and weighed in at 6 pounds, 2 ounces.

Aiken himself confirmed the news on his Web site, clayonline.com.

"My dear friend, Jaymes, and I are so excited to announce the birth of Parker Foster Aiken (No hyphens. One first name. One middle name. One last name.)," the singer wrote.

"The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy. Mama Jaymes is doing quite well also."

The baby has dark hair - what, no Aiken carrot top? - and Clay is smiling from ear to ear, Faye Aiken said.

Foster, said to be in her late 40s, is a close friend of Aiken's who shares her L.A. home with the "American Idol" crooner when he's in town. The BFFs raised eyebrows earlier this year when Foster's brother, David, revealed his sis had been artificially inseminated with Aiken's sperm.

Aiken, who made his Broadway debut in "Spamalot" this spring, has always avoided answering questions about his sexual orientation.

"People don't want to have that type of stuff pushed, people who are living in Omaha or in Charlotte or wherever," he told Access Hollywood earlier this year.

"What I want to do is be a singer, want to be an entertainer, and forget all that stuff."

The friends have said they will raise their child together. Crazed Claymates can start sending baby gifts ... now.

http://www.nydailynews.com/img/2008/08/09/amd_clay.jpg

• 2 years later...

Archived