Is it really "anything goes" in Australia's Northern Territory?

This topic is 1166 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Because I do so when I choose to. In this case because I have been doing other things so wasn't up-to-date with new posts it was his mentioning me that alerted me to the thread. I would have got there and posted in due course if he hadn't. He doesn't tell me what to do (/snigger/).

and that was my intention just like @Lucky will get this alert. Considering it's been less than a year since his comeback maybe he doesn't know of this practice of using @

Edited by marylander1940

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant savoury, some bakeries in country towns have amazing pies. But I wouldn't say no to a fruit pie with some ice cream. On my last long drive (Melbourne to Canberra) I stopped in a village where the bakery had at least a dozen varieties, good but not the best I've had, and did a decent flat white coffee. I love a good sausage roll, although they tend not to come in different varieties, just the house recipe. I must dig out a recipe I've made a few times for a Thai themed sausage roll, pork mince [ground pork] with garlic, ginger, chilli and coriander [cilantro] leaves.

Have you experienced “Long Track Pantry” in Jugiong, its our favourite spot to stop between Sydney and Albury...

When I was a child in Victoria Australia, the open road limit was unlimited, BUT you did have to drive at a speed that was safe. If you were stopped by the police you had to prove that you were driving at a safe speed to the conditions.

I do remember when they dropped the limit to 100 km on the open rd, 60 km in the burbs.

Many suburban streets are now 50 km, and school zones are 40 km.

There are some freeways that are 110 km and even a few country roads that are not freeways that have a 110 km limit.

Where I live in Western Sydney my local freeway heading to the city is 110k at my end, then goes down to 100 k then 90k then even 80k.

To complicate matters there are variable speed signs all the way, which can be lowered electronically by the Traffic Management Control, and they often do when the traffic is heavy, weather is bad, or if there are road workers or emergency workers on the roadway.

You have to be very aware.

Some of our major highways like the Pacific Highway between Sydney and Brisbane, the speed changes constantly, so 100 to 110 then back to 100 then down to 80 back to 110. It’s annoying, but cruise control is your saviour !!!!

Have you experienced “Long Track Pantry” in Jugiong, its our favourite spot to stop between Sydney and Albury...

No, although I've read a lot about good things happening in Jugiong since the road bypassed it (and diesel is usually cheap at the Mobil there), so I must check it out soon. I'll be resuming frequent travel between my places in Tumut and Canberra in the next couple of weeks, although I don't need to stop on a two hour drive.