HGTV - Escape to the Chateau

This topic is 1099 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Does anyone else watch this show ? It focuses on a British couple that move to France after puchasing a Grand, old and abandoned chateau with moat, and several auxilliary structures for $386 K and transform it back to its original grandeur but for modern times.....

Its fascinating what this couple takes on and achieves, and all the obstacles they have to overcome. And the Chateau is magnificent, and owbers are talented and created, and their kids are adorable. And the narration is soothing and calming.

Its an enjoyable watch for a Saturday nite....

That couple is awesome. I want to visit the chateau for a few days at some point. They're an absolute hoot.

That would be an awesome adventure. Added to my bucket list, a night in their huge "glamping" dome.......And the FOOD....OMG !

They sure do pull off some amazing events, and everything they create is with Love.

Watch this place turn into a great gay mecca! How nice would that be?

Bet they can make a great dungeon and playroom in one of those carriage houses ? And they need a pool......

But I am still obsessing over that harlequin wallpaper Angel had made for the turret from old wallpaper swatches found in the attic.

• 1 month later...

They are the most creative couple. I am amazed at some of the things they accomplish, and I cant imagine being their kids. What wonderful memories.... In this weeks episode, Dicks OLDEST son who I dont think I knew about, and is a professional chef, came to help his dad cater a party, which was amazing. And he WAS kinda cute too..... Although I know it most likely WONT happen, visiting the Chateau is on my "bucket" list.