Queen Latifah as THE EQUALIZER premieres after the Stupor Bowl

samhexum
This topic is 1201 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Lorraine Toussaint (ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK) is co-starring as Queen Latifah's 'young aunt' in the reboot of THE EQUALIZER, which premieres after the Stupor Bowl. Her first notoriety was as occasional LAW & ORDER defense attorney Shambala Green. She followed that up by co-starring with Annie Potts in a Lifetime show called ANY DAY NOW that I loved. They played friends who'd grown up in the racially turbulent 60s, then had a falling out in their early 20s, then reunited years later. The show mostly took place in the present, but also had scenes from their youth (with child actresses, of course). The show tackled many racial subjects. I saw Toussaint on THE REAL on Friday, and they asked her what she's most proud of in her career and she delighted me by saying ANY DAY NOW because of its tackling of those issues.

Ironically, she also played an attorney on that show, yet she never learned how to pronounce the word 'testimony.' She says testiminny.

I've always wanted to ask her one thing... there was an episode in which the opposing counsel was played by a white actress named Beth Toussaint. I want to know if that was an inside joke or a co-inky-dink.

Edited by samhexum