Thumbtack 'fine print'

soberguy

Quote from a masseur who posts both on both MF and Thumbtack:

Masseur: "Thumbtack charges per Lead. Every time you contact someone it's assumed that you have read all the specifics and therefore want to hire them. Your oversight cost me $7"

Me: "I had no idea. That's not something they make clear. Sorry"

Masseur: "It was included in the fine print when you signed up for the service. So now that you have the knowledge pay more attention..."

Notwithstanding that this admonishment was a bit harsh (I didn't include the entire exchange but you can probably get that the overall tone wasn't pleasant), has anyone read this in the 'fine print'? If this is true, then it really is something to consider as I often reach out this way to get more info. Though, I myself certainly won't be booking this particular masseur (his loss, I'm a very generous and extremely respectful client).

Their administrative fees are not your problem if they are choosing to use that platform.

Yeah, that's definitely true. I appreciate the point. If I see someone on both MF and Thumbtack I may choose to not use Thumbtack but you're definitely right, the masseur signed up for those costs.

• 1 year later...
On 12/30/2020 at 8:42 PM, big dale said:

Their administrative fees are not your problem if they are choosing to use that platform.

Exactly!  It's like when you go to any business, and they tell you, "Ooo, we don't take AMEX.  Their processing fees are too high.  We only take Visa.  Sorry."

If they don't want to deal with those fees, they shouldn't use that platform.

Edited by Exploritor